PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump 1 way valve?

TNT ANDY
11-04-2011, 12:45
HI all, I have recently bought a new fuel pump which I need to replace the union to accept an 8mm hose.
The existing union has a 1 way valve in it, the new one doesn't. CAn anyone think of a season why the 1 way valve is in there and if I may have a problem without it ?

markey b
11-04-2011, 17:33
isn't it there to keep pressure in the rail?

TNT ANDY
11-04-2011, 18:45
isn't it there to keep pressure in the rail?

Really?

TNT ANDY
12-04-2011, 17:50
Anyone on here got an opinion why the fuel line needs a 1 way valve?

Os8472
12-04-2011, 21:08
All it does is maintain pressure in the rail when the engine is off, which is pointless, why would you want 3bar of fuel pressure in the rail while your working on your engine

Scoff
12-04-2011, 21:14
All it does is maintain pressure in the rail when the engine is off, which is pointless, why would you want 3bar of fuel pressure in the rail while your working on your engine

You wouldn't, it assumes that most people are not taking their engine apart all of time time :D

Yes, to keep pressure in the rail, which avoids the otherwise lean-spell you get when cranking, because of the time taken to re-pressurise the rail.

Its secondary function is to stop fuel from draining back to the tank and so keeping the pump primed.

Its neither here nor there, you can run without it just fine, but having one is preferable.

TNT ANDY
13-04-2011, 06:33
You wouldn't, it assumes that most people are not taking their engine apart all of time time :D

Yes, to keep pressure in the rail, which avoids the otherwise lean-spell you get when cranking, because of the time taken to re-pressurise the rail.

Its secondary function is to stop fuel from draining back to the tank and so keeping the pump primed.

Its neither here nor there, you can run without it just fine, but having one is preferable.

Cheers both of you, I'll try to source an in-line check valve valve and up the priming time on the pump when turning on the ignition until I can get one.

Now on to my snapped nipples - everything I touch breaks ATM :sad2:

Os8472
13-04-2011, 06:42
Cheers both of you, I'll try to source an in-line check valve valve and up the priming time on the pump when turning on the ignition until I can get one.

Now on to my snapped nipples - everything I touch breaks ATM :sad2:

Snapped nipples, ouch, that's gotta hurt, you should see doctor about that ;)