PDA

View Full Version : Ep cam regrind

SCHWARTZ
11-04-2011, 09:04
Who has had an ep cam re-ground? Im poss looking at having it done but wanted to see who else has before I do. How much am I looking at and from who? Also did it make much of a difference to the power and delivery, im using a 200sx t28 and dont want the cam to come on song too far up the rev range due to the 6100rpm limit.:rolleyes:

Markey Mark (BD)
11-04-2011, 15:40
Its poss to have it ground mate just need to see how much material is on there so you can gauge how much likft could be ground onto it.
Cost is around £130-140 mark last time had one done.

Haz
16-05-2011, 10:54
On that turbo setup and t rev limit raised usin adaptronic ep cam revs to 6200 and e to 6400. A regrind is usually to up it. They are t best cams on Std ecu tbh

SCHWARTZ
16-05-2011, 12:26
Cheers haz, the only reason I ask is my ep cam has a chip in it now and the only way to sort it was to regrind it. I have now taken n/a cams out of a laguna and megane and have given them to mark who will be building it up so we will see if they work as standard. One thing we noticed is there is a lot more meat on the renault cams so if you wete to regrind them you could get silly lift.:D