PDA

View Full Version : Replacement dump valve diaphram

Jay
06-11-2008, 22:55
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

As per title does any1 know of anywhere cheaper than K-tec ( £13 inc. p+p ) to get one from. Forge and CGB are both more expensive. Oh yeah and not E-gay as thats where i bought the faulty dump-valve from in the first place. :mad:
And yes i am a tight git :D

dave j gtt
07-11-2008, 00:52
yeah do yourself a favour and remove dumpy crapy valvey and replace with a bung and run without dumpy crapy valvey, i belive the gtt runs well/better without one :)

BriC
07-11-2008, 08:26
eBay depends on the seller, not eBay itself. Look for a genuine diaphragm from a seller with good feedback and it will be reet. :agree:

phase i 16 v turbo
07-11-2008, 08:37
I spent out a little extra on a Kevlar diaphragm and not had any problems for a few years now. Previously the cheap ones didn’t last long.

Barr's Irn-Bru
07-11-2008, 09:06

As per title does any1 know of anywhere cheaper than K-tec ( £13 inc. p+p ) to get one from. Forge and CGB are both more expensive. Oh yeah and not E-gay as thats where i bought the faulty dump-valve from in the first place. :mad:
And yes i am a tight git :D

Try this
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=GLORDDV

raj
07-11-2008, 11:50
ive not like dump valves for along time although 1 of my 5's had 2 of them:sad2:, but ive got to say there starting to grow on me again:D the forge ones imo sound the best.

no harm in fitting one! if you dont like it its easy to resort back to the std setup.

i personally wouldnt run a dump valve if i were to run big boost purly for the fact i love compressor stall:ashamed:

its personal opinion at the end of the day! if someone wants it on there car,so be it. no everybody hates them.

UNICRONICUS
07-11-2008, 12:08
Do you know what make of dump valve it is, any pics to upload? If it's one like Forge or K-tec sell you might get away with phoning them up, saying you have one of their dump valves, mention that the diaphragm has split and they might send you a new one free of charge. K-tec sent me a new one a few years ago, admittingly though I did actually buy one from them but they didn't ask for any proof of purchase... :)

Jay
08-11-2008, 20:53

Cheers for the tip Irn Bru:D

Barr's Irn-Bru
08-11-2008, 21:23

Cheers for the tip Irn Bru:D

No prob's M8 the Kevlar diaphragm is strong but it will rip, so not indestructible lol

I used too love my dump valve, whole point of having a turbo was the noise :laugh: