PDA

View Full Version : cam profiles

steer from the rear
08-04-2011, 10:00
I'm going to be sending some 1.4 16v cams off to piper to have them re-profiled now I haven't rang them to discuss it yet I'd just like some suggestions on what I could have done with them,now I have read in some books that std cams from n/a engines are ok to turbo but I want to end up near 20 p.s.I 200 bhp so do I ask them to put like a piper 285 Cam profile on both cams? Or could some one recommend a better profile? The cars for weekend road use

Woznaldo
08-04-2011, 11:31
I think an equivalent 285 profile set of cams would be a reasonable safe profile to go for but, I can't help feeling that you won't be taking advantage of the 16v configuration.

I'm sure Piper would be able to offer some advice on the matter.

steer from the rear
08-04-2011, 12:50
I think an equivalent 285 profile set of cams would be a reasonable safe profile to go for but, I can't help feeling that you won't be taking advantage of the 16v configuration.

I'm sure Piper would be able to offer some advice on the matter.

That's what I was thinking, why use a cam profile from a 8 valve but then its been used time and time again on a c1j.

I was wondering what gordin cam profiles would would be like with it having larger valves and a cross flow design compared to a c1j cam and I've maxi cam profiles some where I found on my turbo2 travels