PDA

View Full Version : Cheap fuel injection?

Matt Cole
07-04-2011, 21:43
Had a thought about a cheap efi setup for the C1j. Has anyone thought about using the 2 ecu's all the sensors and wiring off the volvo 480? I think the only real grief would be the flywheel? Timing maybe be an issue............

Markey Mark (BD)
07-04-2011, 21:52
Had a thought about a cheap efi setup for the C1j. Has anyone thought about using the 2 ecu's all the sensors and wiring off the volvo 480? I think the only real grief would be the flywheel? Timing maybe be an issue............

Could use the 200mm flywheel off the Volvo engine, would bolt on i believe.

It would be cheaper way in that you have all the sensors and ecu but think cost would still mount up abit making it fit to the engine.
Its poss worth look into though if someone was a fter a basic set up. :agree:

SCHWARTZ
08-04-2011, 07:36
What about the volvos larger capacity would it not over fuel? Maybe you could get the stanndard injectors to fuel for more like 20psi as apposed to 15psi.:scratch: sounds like it may be worth a try tho, get on it:D

Scoff
08-04-2011, 08:33
I posted that idea at least 2 times in the past, no one seemed inteterested!

It should run "ok" with some fiddling, because its air-flow based, and the maps will have a similar torque curve to a standard GTT engine anyway.

You won't have the luxury of being able to map the timing table, or remove the 6100rpm limit though, which I think will put a lot of people off.

Matt Cole
08-04-2011, 13:17
I posted that idea at least 2 times in the past, no one seemed inteterested!

It should run "ok" with some fiddling, because its air-flow based, and the maps will have a similar torque curve to a standard GTT engine anyway.

You won't have the luxury of being able to map the timing table, or remove the 6100rpm limit though, which I think will put a lot of people off.

Scoff is it the boost and rev limit you can mod?

Even so, efi for the price of a scrap volvo cant be bad!!:D

SCHWARTZ
08-04-2011, 13:20
Boost limit can be removed rev limit stays.