PDA

View Full Version : removing Front Bumper

Rob1980
07-04-2011, 20:11
Hello all

Can anyone please tell me how to remove the front bumper on my Renault 5 GT Turbo? Is it just a case of turning the front wheels on dull lock then undoing some nuts?:coffee:

Ricardo
07-04-2011, 20:26
Hello all

Can anyone please tell me how to remove the front bumper on my Renault 5 GT Turbo? Is it just a case of turning the front wheels on dull lock then undoing some nuts?:coffee:

Not sure if there's a plastic inner arch but yeah if you turn full lock and look inside the wheelarch you'll see a 10mm nut. Also there should be a stabiliser bar at the front of the bumper at the bottom that IIRC connects to the subframe.

I ordered new side brackets that bolt to the bumper, nuts and a stabiliser bar(s) when i refitted the bumper as 9 times out of 10 they're rusted, not the original nuts or clips used to hold the bumper in position

Rob1980
07-04-2011, 20:35
Not sure if there's a plastic inner arch but yeah if you turn full lock and look inside the wheelarch you'll see a 10mm nut. Also there should be a stabiliser bar at the front of the bumper at the bottom that IIRC connects to the subframe.

I ordered new side brackets that bolt to the bumper, nuts and a stabiliser bar(s) when i refitted the bumper as 9 times out of 10 they're rusted, not the original nuts or clips used to hold the bumper in position

Thanks for the reply. Forgive my thickness but what is IIRC?

Will there be a nut on the stabiliser bar that I will need to undo?

Im not going to refit the bumper as I am breaking the car.

Ricardo
07-04-2011, 20:51
If I Remember Correctly :ashamed:

yeah it's a 10 or 13mm nut on the bar, the bar can stay on the subframe, been a while since i've worked on a 5 :( :ashamed:

JRP
07-04-2011, 22:19
10mm

J$£5GTT
07-04-2011, 22:47
10mm

shud up you could'nt pull the skin of a rice puddin....

Rob1980
08-04-2011, 12:02
Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful. :agree: