PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Gaz rear shockers.

Smokey
03-04-2011, 14:18
Im hoping someone can help me, im changing my rear shockers for some Gaz ones and the problem is you can compress them but then they dont automatically expand back.

So if i was to fit them they will basically be doing nothing, is there a way to set them do something to get them to expand after being compreesed.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks Mat

Alastair
03-04-2011, 14:43
They shouldn't automatically expand back, the torsion bar takes care of that. Make sure that the damper stiffness settings are the same on both sides once you fit them.

Smokey
03-04-2011, 14:48
ok, i ashumed they were ment to because the ones i have just taken off expand back after being compressed.

Iv set the settings to half way on the adjuster of stiffening on both shockers.

So shouls i just fit them

Thanks Mat

Smokey
03-04-2011, 16:31
Anyone else had any dealings with this, should i just fit them, is the reason im getting a clunky noise from the rear because mine was expanding back after being compreesed.

Any more info would be great.

Thanks Mat

5teve L
03-04-2011, 17:09
Just had the same with some Spax adj rears I bought, I just fitted em :)

Smokey
03-04-2011, 17:19
Just had the same with some Spax adj rears I bought, I just fitted em :)

Thanks Mate, do they seem to work ok.

Thanks Mat

5teve L
03-04-2011, 17:43
Thanks Mate, do they seem to work ok.

Thanks Mat
Couldn't tell you, the cars not on the road. Just plonk em on & you'll know, I thought the same as you as the rears extended when I took the old ones off & my new ones didn't, if you pull them out they will come out & then they will be hard to push back in, the torsion bar acts as the springs as such ;)

Shane P
03-04-2011, 17:43
Im hoping someone can help me, im changing my rear shockers for some Gaz ones and the problem is you can compress them but then they dont automatically expand back.

So if i was to fit them they will basically be doing nothing, is there a way to set them do something to get them to expand after being compreesed.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks Mat

The rear shocks which were on my car previously didnt expand back. Nor do the Gaz adjustable rears which i have fitted now. They work absolutely fine.

The brand new Koni SSK yellows that i have ready to be fitted do expand back though.

Rob@Backyardracing
03-04-2011, 17:53
Are these all single phase adjustment for the bump and re bound?? either way your best tuning a damper from the softest setting...

Smokey
03-04-2011, 18:04
Are these all single phase adjustment for the bump and re bound?? either way your best tuning a damper from the softest setting...

There is a knob on the side + and - with about 4 full turna for fully - too + ive set mine at about 2 turns so in the middle.

Thanks for the comments, ill get them fitted.

Thanks Mat