PDA

View Full Version : Oil problem?

frano81
02-04-2011, 13:06
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi,
Just bought a raider that's a non starter, when uv recharged the battery, I turned the ignition one click and the oil presure gauge don't move! I'm fearing the worst, but are there any checks I should do? The dip stick shows there's enough oil in it.
Cheers

The new Bill J
02-04-2011, 13:33
With the ignition on, the gauge is just an oil level gauge. It doesn't read oil pressure until the engine's running. You've checked the dipstick, so all's good :agree:

The gauges are notoriously unreliable anyway, so don't pay too much attention to what it might/might not be doing.

tubbyG
02-04-2011, 15:48
check the wiring. My one occasionaly disconnects itself due to the wire being pretty tight

James5
02-04-2011, 15:55
With the ignition on, the gauge is just an oil level gauge. It doesn't read oil pressure until the engine's running. You've checked the dipstick, so all's good :agree:

The gauges are notoriously unreliable anyway, so don't pay too much attention to what it might/might not be doing.

:agree:Agree with Bill, known to be unreliable if you want to get an accurate oil pressure gauge buy an aftermarket decent branded mechanical gauge