PDA

View Full Version : bleed nipple seal

car.crash
27-03-2011, 20:11
does anyone know where i can buy the rubber O ring seals for the water hose bleed nipples?

youngscottie
27-03-2011, 21:16
pirtek or most hose suppliers
but ive a sneeky feeling that the little pack of o rings b&q
sell for taps and the likes will have something in there that will fit
worth the £2 just to see
failling all that renault

car.crash
27-03-2011, 21:24
ta mate, just orderd a assorted pack but didnt know if anyone knew of an exact fit. im sure renault hoses dont have washers just plastic bleed screws unlike sfs.

J$£5GTT
27-03-2011, 23:13
ta mate, just orderd a assorted pack but didnt know if anyone knew of an exact fit. im sure renault hoses dont have washers just plastic bleed screws unlike sfs.

yes the renault ones have just bleed screws,i find them much easier to screw in when the coolant is hot..its faster an simpler than trying to flaff about with a tiny bleed screw...
:)

Alastair
28-03-2011, 05:29
Renault sell brass ones that are much more robust that the plastic ones. About £2 each.

ALI 786
28-03-2011, 18:51
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Right if you have SAMCO hoses or any other aftermarket Silicon hoses I have found that O-Rings / rubber washers always leak/break.:mad:. Also no good once you have opened & closed the bleed nipple a few times.:disagree:

The solution is Fibre washers:agree: pop down to halfords and by the Red/Brownish Fibre washers only cost a couple of pounds and are perfect NO leak no matter how many times you open close the nipple. RED ones are a better fit but brown will also do the job.

SIZE of fibre washer: Outside diameter 7mm / Inside diameter 3mm Perfect for SAMCO BLEED HOSES..

Hope this helps for future ref.. :smokin:

car.crash
28-03-2011, 19:13
thanks very much chaps :)