PDA

View Full Version : Perspective

D4WNO
24-03-2011, 22:15
I've had a bit of a poop time of it lately and have been feeling sorry for myself but it's all been put into perspective today, I feel a right ****. I now understand what the word means

Sian O'Callaghan, whom you may have heard of this week in the news, went missing in the early hours of Saturday morning around the corner from my house. Unfortunately today she was found dead in a ditch.

The murderer, a man also from my town went out today so do some shopping in Walmart (regular day hey?) and was swiftly arrested and admitted that he has actually killed a second person also (not yet found but Police have the rough location).

It's just ****ing sick, this man was a cabbie and has 3 teenage daughters of his own. Yet something in his mind made him think it was okay to take a 22 year old girl, whom some of my friends were very close with, take her to a forest, murder her and dump her by the side of the road like she is worth nothing.

I'm sickened. All week we've been looking at Missing posters with her photo on, today we're looking at the same posters of a dead but beautiful young woman. I've had phone calls all evening from upset friends just distraight about what has happened. One has quit her job delivering in the evening as she's scared to leave the house and I sure as hell am not going to my local shop next to where Sian was taken from, I'm just glad Adam is coming to mine tomorrow. I'm usually a "scared of nothing" kind of girl but it makes you really think it's time to change that when it's literally on your door-step. I live in a very nice area of the town which I now know counts for nothing, nowhere is really safe.It's just sick, it makes no sense. He killed 2 people then went home, went to bed, had his breakfast and did some shopping like nothing had happened. I hope someone makes him suffer for the rest of his life, death is too quick for him.

Next time the woman at works throws a fit because she has to wait 2 minutes for a cup of tea in the canteen I may just scream at her and tell her to get a grip! You never know who someone really is, I bet his neighbours all say "he was a lovely guy, would do anything for anyone" :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-12852499 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-12852499)

TNT ANDY
24-03-2011, 22:29
With you there Dawno - A few things have happened to work colleagues recently which have literally changed there lives for the worse. Live life every day for the day, and not in fear, you never know what's round the corner.

Alex
24-03-2011, 22:34
Some things you just can't get your head around can you. Why would anyone do that? To be honest it's probably best not to even try and work it out - you won't be able to.

Since becoming a dad I've started worrying about crazy things, like what if someone attacked my partner and son one their way home? What if this, what is that happens? I'm probably just being silly but then you read things like this in the news and think well maybe it's not so silly after all.

The man that murdered these 2 young omen WILL walk free again one day.....

Ashy
24-03-2011, 22:42
I think sometims in life things happen that make you stop and think, make you realise what your priorities actually are in life & how lucky you actually are...

Since becoming a dad I've started worrying about crazy things, like what if someone attacked my partner and son one their way home? What if this, what is that happens? I'm probably just being silly but then you read things like this in the news and think well maybe it's not so silly after all.

I have the same thing, I never used to worry about dying, but since having our little one I often do. Really weird I now worry about all sorts of things that I didn't used to, locking doors and windows is one of them... To say I have OCD is an understatement. Gues its all part of getting old.

Can't imagine what this Sian's parents are going through right now.

Bigfoot
24-03-2011, 22:43
Lock them up for life in a box the size of a coffin and feed him in there, the prisons keep saying they are filling up, how many boxes can you fit in there, 1000s and they wont be able to move, make prison a punishment and maybe these sick people will think again before they do things like this.

old skool turbo power
24-03-2011, 22:50
Lock them up for life in a box the size of a coffin and feed him in there, the prisons keep saying they are filling up, how many boxes can you fit in there, 1000s and they wont be able to move, make prison a punishment and maybe these sick people will think again before they do things like this.

:agree:

Spooky
24-03-2011, 22:58
:cool:

Spooky
24-03-2011, 23:01
Dawn hopefully you've got my number. If you're feeling poop or anything just chuck me a msg/call me, we can hook up, have a coffee or whatever, don't be shy, just do it :) x x x

Tony Walker
24-03-2011, 23:09
Some things you just can't get your head around can you. Why would anyone do that? To be honest it's probably best not to even try and work it out - you won't be able to.

The man that murdered these 2 young omen WILL walk free again one day.....

I know the feeling, i get to the point where i;d literally lock them up in a big foam house if i could. I just cant bare the thought of any of them being hurt. i worry what id do if someone did hurt them.

D4WNO
24-03-2011, 23:13
I really don't want to think about him ever being free again. When I first heard that the Police were looking for a car with "taxi markings" I assumed it must be an unlicenced or dodgy caby...nope he's legit and has been doing it a while from what I gather. I always book my cabs and don't just get into a random one alone but I can't even trust that anymore.

Sian and her boyfriend lived together half a mile from my house and it tears me apart to even begin thinking what her loved ones are going through. I've had this little fantasy in my head all week that she'll be found alive, maybe not well but alive. I found out what happened at work today and instantly just thought, "but this isn't how it was supposed to end, that can't be true".

It's hard to make sense of it all and I didn't even know her like some of my closest friends did, I just used to see her out and about in town so knew her face. I don't know how I'd feel if I had children. I'm really feeling for Sukhi now as he has a little girl and he's protective of her as it is, and he now has to protect her from hearing these bad things about the local girl called Sian.

Adam has already "banned" me from my evening runs and I've already been offered lifts from the guys at work to get home each night, but I don't want to live in fear...but a little bit in the back of my mind makes me hold back. It's very confusing - last week a very old friend of mine passed away from a brain tumour and I tried to take a postitive from that and live life every minute of the day, just like he did....and now my brain is telling me the opposite.

Sorry, massive essay. I just have a thousand feelings running through me right now. Just had another friend on the phone too crying, which set me off. Don't think many will be sleeping well tonight. My thoughts are with Sian's family, as I'm sure everyones are :agree:

D4WNO
24-03-2011, 23:16
Thank you Sukhi, I'm okay, but it's not really about me. It's just really scared me and pretty much every woman I know! It doesn't really sink in until it happens on your doorstep to a "real person" if that makes sense?

Spooky
24-03-2011, 23:31
Thank you Sukhi, I'm okay, but it's not really about me. It's just really scared me and pretty much every woman I know! It doesn't really sink in until it happens on your doorstep to a "real person" if that makes sense?

Yea if you're scared even more reason to call me, I'm less than 10mins from you anywhere in town, you're one of my oldest friends! We've thought about you quite a bit this week especially as you're on your tod up there :(

I know what you mean, Mich has been more paranoid than usual as you would expect.

There is only so much I can reassure her before she can feel any level of comfort as a woman and parent.

I definitely don't want her living in fear of something she has no control over.

Issy asked about all the police and helicopters earlier, I just said to her that 'someone ran out of the shop (Asda Walmart) and didn't pay for their shopping! never steal from a shop!' :)

Alex
25-03-2011, 07:55
It's hardly any wonder that you're feeling this way Dawn, you shouldn't have to feel like this but the way the world is these days makes it virtually impossible not to be.

You're probably as safe as ever to go on your evening runs/get taxis etc but when you hear things like this it'll naturally put you off. I won't really let my other half in a taxi on her own just incase something happens. If I have to walk/go on a run in the dark I'm so warey of people that I tend to have my fists clenched just incase someone jumps me, and I'm a 6ft 15 stone man - ridiculous!

It's a sad world we live in :(

D4WNO
25-03-2011, 13:16
Thanks all but I'm okay. It's VERY weird in work today, there's quite a few people that didn't come in as they knew Sian and there are loads of flowers and tributes outside the club near my home. Odd odd odd

Lomo
25-03-2011, 13:32
I've had a bit of a poop time of it lately and have been feeling sorry for myself but it's all been put into perspective today, I feel a right ****. I now understand what the word means

Sian O'Callaghan, whom you may have heard of this week in the news, went missing in the early hours of Saturday morning around the corner from my house. Unfortunately today she was found dead in a ditch.

The murderer, a man also from my town went out today so do some shopping in Walmart (regular day hey?) and was swiftly arrested and admitted that he has actually killed a second person also (not yet found but Police have the rough location).

It's just ****ing sick, this man was a cabbie and has 3 teenage daughters of his own. Yet something in his mind made him think it was okay to take a 22 year old girl, whom some of my friends were very close with, take her to a forest, murder her and dump her by the side of the road like she is worth nothing.

I'm sickened. All week we've been looking at Missing posters with her photo on, today we're looking at the same posters of a dead but beautiful young woman. I've had phone calls all evening from upset friends just distraight about what has happened. One has quit her job delivering in the evening as she's scared to leave the house and I sure as hell am not going to my local shop next to where Sian was taken from, I'm just glad Adam is coming to mine tomorrow. I'm usually a "scared of nothing" kind of girl but it makes you really think it's time to change that when it's literally on your door-step. I live in a very nice area of the town which I now know counts for nothing, nowhere is really safe.It's just sick, it makes no sense. He killed 2 people then went home, went to bed, had his breakfast and did some shopping like nothing had happened. I hope someone makes him suffer for the rest of his life, death is too quick for him.

Next time the woman at works throws a fit because she has to wait 2 minutes for a cup of tea in the canteen I may just scream at her and tell her to get a grip! You never know who someone really is, I bet his neighbours all say "he was a lovely guy, would do anything for anyone" :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-12852499 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-12852499)

Sorry to hear this Dawn, would that explain why your FB account has vanished? :eek:

Real ****ty about the what has happened to this young girl :( and although Im not a Father, I can only imagine what the family are going through :(
I always say it in jest but I always say "I want boys" when I have kids..Society these days is not a nice place for females...:coffee::sad2:

D4WNO
25-03-2011, 13:42
Lol no, I was just using FB too much :wasntme:

Yeah the details are all beginning to come out now, turns out Sian was friends with the killers daughters and the second body is another female :(

Lomo
25-03-2011, 13:55
Lol no, I was just using FB too much :wasntme:

Yeah the details are all beginning to come out now, turns out Sian was friends with the killers daughters and the second body is another female :(

Ok Cool :)....

clee
25-03-2011, 17:36
There has been a similar crime here just last week .Me Dawny was worried as she goes running in the local woodlands .It did not stop her .
I think we do need to get perspective on these events though .They are still thankfully few and far between ,more chance of winning the lottery really but it does make you stop and think when they are nextdoor .
We live in quite a small place but not far from two major urban centers .The kids walk to school and we never worry that much but these sort of events do focus the mind .My boys are not what you'd call steetwise .