PDA

View Full Version : It gets better lol

Jimmy5
23-03-2011, 21:42
Well after my sill discovery at the weekend, ive now had the guy who was spraying my boot send me this pic and he reckonds that theres summat wrong with what the boot has been sprayed with before.

Anyone any idea what would cause this?

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee250/Mauncerblades/peel.jpg

peter GT muir
23-03-2011, 21:45
Well after my sill discovery at the weekend, ive now had the guy who was spraying my boot send me this pic and he reckonds that theres summat wrong with what the boot has been sprayed with before.

Anyone any idea what would cause this?

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee250/Mauncerblades/peel.jpg
a very common problem when over coating Synthetic paints with Cellulose or some 2 pack products

Jimmy5
23-03-2011, 21:51
Ah cheers, so basically he shouldnt have painted over with two pack? Dont think I will be using him again to spray me R5 parts.

kiwicolour
23-03-2011, 21:53
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

so the guy painting your boot didnt know what the problem was? :crap: thats not a good sign! he could have sprayed a solvent basecoat over an inferior 1k product, the thinners in the solvent has eaten into what was underneith and its reacted. a water based base coat wouldnt react like this.
if it was mine the only way you know its going to be 100% and last is by stripping off all the old product and re-prime with a 2k primer.

I wouldnt blame the painter just yet, its defo the old paint thats to blame, however any decent painter would know how to resolve the problem!

is it a solid 2k red that its being sprayed in or a base coat/clear coat?

Jimmy5
23-03-2011, 21:59
Cheers for advice, I just havent an idea on these things.

From what he said its the solid base coat (red) that causes the reaction, its ok when in primer

kiwicolour
23-03-2011, 22:11
Cheers for advice, I just havent an idea on these things.

From what he said its the solid base coat (red) that causes the reaction, its ok when in primer

tbh it doesnt look like there is primer under the base coat where its reacted, just old red paint.
i would sand down, prime in 2k primer so its stable. in 10 years ive never had any base coat react when painted over a 2k primer.

Jimmy5
23-03-2011, 22:21
The boot was sprayed a kind of aqua marine, and looked like it was originally black. Its been nowt but hassle with this guy excuse after excuse and I reckon hes rushed it! Reckon I will just goand get me parts and take my business elsewhere

Cheers again for you advice

old skool turbo power
23-03-2011, 23:29
a very common problem when over coating Synthetic paints with Cellulose or some 2 pack products

now im only guessin but from what it looks like he has tryed to paint ontop of wet paint or where the paint has not fully dryed(it could of been to cold for the paint to dry out).the term its called crazing i think.:laugh:i know this cause the exact samething has happened to before when painting a door:ashamed:school boy error realey it happened in my collage days as a painter and decorator.to get rid of that ud need to flat it right back down smoothe(which is a pain)key it then spray it.

if a suface was dirty or had a crap prep job on it on it you wud get small bubbles as a reaction as well like dimples as well:crap:

Jimmy5
24-03-2011, 22:14
Went and got my parts back today and sprayers lost my boot lock! Great!

So now got to find somewhere else to get this all sorted!

J$£5GTT
24-03-2011, 22:23
Went and got my parts back today and sprayers lost my boot lock! Great!

So now got to find somewhere else to get this all sorted!

:crap::dearme:

Jimmy5
24-03-2011, 22:37
Its not good at all, put it this way he hasnt been paid!