PDA

View Full Version : Horrible knocking

SCHWARTZ
21-03-2011, 19:03
Right my engine has developed a knock from just sitting around doing nothing:mad: its a loud constant knock, knocks twice quickly then stops for half a second then knocks twice again. Im sure its coming from the head but havnt had a proper look as I only went out quickly to move it. Im going to take off the rocker cover 2moz and have a look at the tappets. Im hoping thats it not a piston slapping into something, is there anything else I should be looking for?

SCHWARTZ
22-03-2011, 21:19
Went out to the car earlier started it and it ran fine:scratch: left it, came back and it was knocking. I checked the valve clearences and all the inlets were within tollerence but all the exh valves were .5-.8mm overer tollerence. Could this cause a knock? Opening the valves to much? Didnt think so my self but someone may know better. I pinched some shims out of a 480 but dont have a very wide selection but I will try to sort it with what I have. The knock seems to get worse as the engine warms up, does that sound like clearences? Basicly im dreading it being something bad, so can someone just tell me that it will be an easy fix:wasntme:

5teve L
22-03-2011, 21:27
I can tell you it's an easy fix but I haven't a clue really bud :laugh:
I thought these engine conversions were supposed to make our cars more reliable :wasntme:

SCHWARTZ
22-03-2011, 21:43
Cheers bud now im not so woried:laugh: Its been reliable for a while it just breaks when I go to use it:wasntme: maybe I need something enen more modern:D