PDA

View Full Version : Short term insurance

Guybrush
21-03-2011, 15:17
Hi guys.
I'm trying to find some (very) short term cover for my GT.
Not finding many places willing to entertain me (DayInsure don't touch modified cars). FootmanJames can't help either.

Basically trying to get 2 day cover (that i'll use 3/4 times a year) for my modified GTT (coupe ;) ).

Anyone got any suggestions?

modfather
21-03-2011, 15:24
ive been fishing around for some short term insurance as was looking for another car, i was using ecar insurance, i found that there is loads of companys that do short term insurance. 1 thing i did find is that some companys would not insure for a day or 2 but would insure me for a week

J8TRO
21-03-2011, 15:26
Hi guys.
I'm trying to find some (very) short term cover for my GT.
Not finding many places willing to entertain me (DayInsure don't touch modified cars). FootmanJames can't help either.

Basically trying to get 2 day cover (that i'll use 3/4 times a year) for my modified GTT (coupe ;) ).

Anyone got any suggestions?

How old are you and what do you expect to pay per time for the 2 day cover?

GTphil
21-03-2011, 17:05
If anybody finds an insurance company that do this it would be a great help, I hate insuring my gtt for a full year only to use it three times:disagree: Plus my new postcode has made my insurance stupidy expensive:crap:

dangerous dave
21-03-2011, 17:33
will you be able to do this now...?

what does it say in the other thread on here, you have to have your car insured to have tax sat on it and if you have no insurance you'll be fined for having a taxed car with no insurance.. :confused:

im sure you'll lose money taxing the car then sending it back each time.. they dont half make life hard:(

Guybrush
21-03-2011, 18:38
How old are you and what do you expect to pay per time for the 2 day cover?

30 years old, i'm thinking 40 a day.

Guybrush
21-03-2011, 18:42
will you be able to do this now...?

what does it say in the other thread on here, you have to have your car insured to have tax sat on it and if you have no insurance you'll be fined for having a taxed car with no insurance.. :confused:

im sure you'll lose money taxing the car then sending it back each time.. they dont half make life hard:(

Taxed for 6 months. Sorn for rhr other. 6.

Guybrush
21-03-2011, 18:44
Taxed for 6 months. Sorn for rhr other. 6.

Ahhhhhh see what,you're saying.

J8TRO
22-03-2011, 20:40
30 years old, i'm thinking 40 a day.

I don't think you will get it for £40 each time. I know insurance companies charge you for just changing a registration due to the admin of changing and sending out paperwork.

I insure mine all year for £114 with footman James, i'm just 29 and have paid around about that for the last 3 years. If you want to pay £40 for 4 times a year (£160)...............how much did you think it would cost to insure all year round?

GTphil
22-03-2011, 20:55
It's very much dependant on how much your insurance preimums are in the first place, at my old address I insured my gtt fully comp for 240 with all visable modifications declared;)

Since I have moved house my renewle more than trebled to 900 notes:eek: I have rang around a few places and I'm sturggling to get it under 600, this is as a second car garaged, i'm 29 and only doing 1000 miles per year:crap:

It's a funking joke! So £40 notes a day would do me considering how little i use it;)

Guybrush
23-03-2011, 12:16
I don't think you will get it for £40 each time. I know insurance companies charge you for just changing a registration due to the admin of changing and sending out paperwork.

I insure mine all year for £114 with footman James, i'm just 29 and have paid around about that for the last 3 years. If you want to pay £40 for 4 times a year (£160)...............how much did you think it would cost to insure all year round?

Am expecting an annual policy to be around £350.

Only issue with FootmanJames is that i asked;

The car is modified, with a 25% performance improvement over a standard GT
Turbo, as well as many other cosmetic changes.
Unfortunately we can't offer short term insurance and also the modifications are outside of our underwriters acceptable criteria so, sadly, we're not going to be able to help with this one

Which is a bit surprising, i'd expect the RTOC recommended insurance company to deal with modified cars :)

Guybrush
23-03-2011, 13:15

Hic just quoted me £365. 1000mile limit.

DazR5GTT
23-03-2011, 15:47
admiral multicar as my 5 is a second car i only pay 260 for the year with a 5000 mile limit :)

Guybrush
23-03-2011, 16:34
admiral multicar as my 5 is a second car i only pay 260 for the year with a 5000 mile limit :)

Phoned Admiral. They won't touch it because of the rollcage & the fact its stripped out.
(My current main policy is with Admiral)

Edit. Just got off the phone with Adrian Fux £345, standard policy.. not classic policy. They reckons the modifications were too much for the classic policies.

Mr Raider
23-03-2011, 16:40
I just did a google search and found e-car insurance, they only insure standard cars but cost me 12 quid a day, just print cover note and job done, although did take it bit steady as its got a few mods ;)