PDA

View Full Version : No spark!?

REBEL GT TURBO
19-03-2011, 18:18
Cars still not started after putting everything back together...Changed spark plugs for new NGK's and it wont start so took one lead off and put a plug on it and there is a faint red spark or nothing at all??:confused::scratch:

Eugein Offord
19-03-2011, 18:39
tdc connection?:confused:

REBEL GT TURBO
19-03-2011, 20:17
I got a shock coz my so called mate;) turned it over while i was holding the lead with the plug inn! so must be getting something:confused: should be a really good white spark shouldnt it?

Jonny5
19-03-2011, 20:58
Could be your coil?

tiff_lee
19-03-2011, 21:56
So sometimes it sparks and sometimes it doesn't?

Have you checked the cap and rotor arm? were the plugs wet when you removed them i.e is there evidence you are getting fuel to them.

Shane P
19-03-2011, 22:33

Dodgy TDC sensor on its way out?

J$£5GTT
19-03-2011, 22:41
dodgy leads?,if in doubt.....

REBEL GT TURBO
19-03-2011, 23:29
plugs were dry! leads are high spec ones tested them and there good! cant see a spark but i defo got a shock lol:laugh:
could the dizzy cap have worn out?? the starter ok ive checked that!:confused:

This just seams to be problem after problem:mad:

Whats the best way to test the ignition system? starting point?? any threads on this??

Thanks

REBEL GT TURBO
19-03-2011, 23:32

Have you checked the cap and rotor arm? were the plugs wet when you removed them i.e is there evidence you are getting fuel to them.

yeah checked the cap and rotor all looked ok no the plugs were dry! i'll check the fuel (again) first tomorrow!

J$£5GTT
19-03-2011, 23:46
plugs were dry! leads are high spec ones tested them and there good! cant see a spark but i defo got a shock lol:laugh:
could the dizzy cap have worn out?? the starter ok ive checked that!:confused:

This just seams to be problem after problem:mad:

Whats the best way to test the ignition system? starting point?? any threads on this??

Thanks

hey russ click link an type what you wish to look for in the 'keywords' then just hit enter-

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/search.php
:)