PDA

View Full Version : R5TURBORON's carb setup

djinuk
18-03-2011, 14:44
Just posting on behalf of the above, as im sure he will be on very soon to give better info.

Arron called me earlier as hes fine tuning his fueling, and wanted some advice.

my understanding is hes running a t2 , standard engine. 14psi.

Carb is all standard other than the main jet, it therefore appears to be running rich through the range. ( i cant quote figures but im sure he can soon).

Now today hes took it apart, measured up (all standard bar the main jet). Hes soldered up the main jet and redrilled to 1.2 (i think, standard jetting).

Now im not sure what his afr's are, however he says its idling like a bag of spanners, and also its doing a few strange things whilst driving. It was a brief convo and im at work atm so he can probably offer further info shortly. Also he said it was smoking slightly on idle (blue smoke) but then it seemed to clear up.

Anyway , my immediate thoughts for the idle are, dirt dislodged up a small amount of swarf floating around in the carb, failing that maybe a breather split or not connected.

As for the blue smoke ive no real idea.

I just thought id get this thread up , ready for others to maybe offer him some guideance.

R5TURBORON
18-03-2011, 15:26
Cleaned idle jet and now doesn't run lean when letting off. Was going in the red 18 now goes orange 13-14 so that is better. No smoke pulls better. Reads in 13 coming on boost then reads 12 on full boost in 4th