PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! From bad to worse!!

REBEL GT TURBO
17-03-2011, 20:05
Well things have gone bad! had problems with my cars air to fuel (see my earlier thead)
Car was leaning out!
Now since buying it ive,
Fitted new fuel pressure regulator (OE)
Fitted group A fuel pump off other member
fitted new fuel filter
checked all the hoses for leaks (car still started at this point)
Stripped the carb and cleaned it
Fitted new NGK spark plugs

Now the car wont even start!!:cry::cry::cry::eek::confused:

Getting really pi**ed off now! had the car 2 weeks and not been able to drive it!!

Can anyone local to manchester/stockport area have a look at it for me???:worship:

modfather
17-03-2011, 20:14
Well things have gone bad! had problems with my cars air to fuel (see my earlier thead)
Car was leaning out!
Now since buying it ive,
Fitted new fuel pressure regulator (OE)
Fitted group A fuel pump off other member
fitted new fuel filter
checked all the hoses for leaks (car still started at this point)
Stripped the carb and cleaned it
Fitted new NGK spark plugs

Now the car wont even start!!:cry::cry::cry::eek::confused:

Getting really pi**ed off now! had the car 2 weeks and not been able to drive it!!

Can anyone local to manchester/stockport area have a look at it for me???:worship:

after the point where car still started you stripped the carb and since then it does not want to start :scratch: might be an idea to check the carb :agree:

Thundercat
17-03-2011, 20:45
carb or not, whip lobster off and get someone to crank car while tippling some petrol down port, if it starts then most likely carb. If it doesn't then fault lies else where ie check plugs are sparking.

REBEL GT TURBO
17-03-2011, 21:12
Ive givin up! i need someone that knows these cars better than me coz its prob nothin!
I think the whole time its just something to do with the carb!

J$£5GTT
17-03-2011, 21:15
maybe easier said than done,but did you not think to take some pictures or notes when you stripped the carb?,at least be a point of reference..
:)

Tony Walker
17-03-2011, 21:17
First easy thing, pull a lead and see if you have a spark, this elimnates quite a few things. Then see if you ave fuel. you may of just flooded it or something. pretty easy to do. if you have fuel and spark then take the king lead off and hold it just in the top of the cap with a pair of insulated pliers, get someone to crank it and move it closer and further making sure you hear a good spark. if you dont hear the spark move it closer, this intensifies the spark at the plug and usually clears a fould flooded plug.

REBEL GT TURBO
17-03-2011, 21:52
I think i need a carb service kit! i recon i have flooded it as i pumped the fuel loads when trying to start it! it did start up once but then died about 20seconds later:cry:
I think i should rebuild the carb with a new kit check if the engine is flooded check for a spark and then prob:cry:

This is sooooooooooooooooo fecking frustrating!:mad:

Tony Walker
17-03-2011, 22:00
try the above i bet it starts

TrixNFlix
17-03-2011, 22:36
Russell the carb was bought from fellow member Michael Tierney who messes around alot with these carbs and efi for the c1j. It was rebuilt by him with new gaskets were needed so doubt you need another carb rebuild kit. Have you actually taken all the the jets out of the carb and blown them through with carb cleaner and air?

REBEL GT TURBO
17-03-2011, 22:39
Well its my fault:o

I put the carb together wrong!! haha:p

Ive put it right now but ive killed the battery and prob flooded it! ill get the battery on charge!!:agree:

HOW DO I SORT OUT THE FLOODING GUYS???:confused:

Im such a :jerkoff::rant:

J$£5GTT
17-03-2011, 22:40
I think i need a carb service kit! i recon i have flooded it as i pumped the fuel loads when trying to start it! it did start up once but then died about 20seconds later:cry:
I think i should rebuild the carb with a new kit check if the engine is flooded check for a spark and then prob:cry:

This is sooooooooooooooooo fecking frustrating!:mad:

just do that,get a service kit,chill out take your time an follow this for help-

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4743
:agree::)

TNT ANDY
17-03-2011, 22:42
First easy thing, pull a lead and see if you have a spark, this elimnates quite a few things. Then see if you ave fuel. you may of just flooded it or something. pretty easy to do. if you have fuel and spark then take the king lead off and hold it just in the top of the cap with a pair of insulated pliers, get someone to crank it and move it closer and further making sure you hear a good spark. if you dont hear the spark move it closer, this intensifies the spark at the plug and usually clears a fould flooded plug.

:agree::agree::agree::agree: - found one we agree on this time Tony

Check the gaps on the plugs also and open them up slightly, get some emery paper and/or wire brush them plugs. bet your arse it will start after that.

I've had mine out 20 times over the last few weeks trying to get my EFI running and every time I went to start it, it wouldn't start, so out with the plugs and cleaned em up. Started every time after a clean up.

Tony Walker
17-03-2011, 22:45
ive changed my mind then lol throw a fire lighter at it instead :p

REBEL GT TURBO
17-03-2011, 23:13
yeah tony i dont think ill be taking your advice on that!:dearme::laugh:

Tony Walker
17-03-2011, 23:21
lol pretty rubbish advice anyway i forgot to say light it first.

TNT ANDY
18-03-2011, 06:42
ive changed my mind then lol throw a fire lighter at it instead :p

:cooter: