PDA

View Full Version : which gearbox for my conversion?

Robclio98
14-03-2011, 10:43
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hey everyone!

Not sure if this is in the right section but here we go :)

I havnt yet put my WIP up but i shall do so tonight, But im at the stage in my 225 conversion into my mk2 clio that i really need to put some thought into the gearbox.

I have seen a 225 6speed fit into the engine bay before, but as the clutch is hydro and the selector has twin cables, im not sure of the amount of work which is needed etc to make the box work?

My other option is to run a different box, maybe a 172/182 5 speed? As they are cable clutch and a single rod selector.

My question is how easy/hard is the 172/182 5 speed box to fit onto the megane 225 block? I've heard it will which some machine work? then ive heard it goes straight on, and I've also heard it wont go on at all.

Can someone please clear this up for me?

Many thanks :)

James5
14-03-2011, 10:48

Hey everyone!

Not sure if this is in the right section but here we go :)

I havnt yet put my WIP up but i shall do so tonight, But im at the stage in my 225 conversion into my mk2 clio that i really need to put some thought into the gearbox.

I have seen a 225 6speed fit into the engine bay before, but as the clutch is hydro and the selector has twin cables, im not sure of the amount of work which is needed etc to make the box work?

My other option is to run a different box, maybe a 172/182 5 speed? As they are cable clutch and a single rod selector.

My question is how easy/hard is the 172/182 5 speed box to fit onto the megane 225 block? I've heard it will which some machine work? then ive heard it goes straight on, and I've also heard it wont go on at all.

Can someone please clear this up for me?

Many thanks :)

This is the man you want to speak with he has 225 lump in his 5 with JB03 gearbox think he had to modify the block

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=449

Robclio98
14-03-2011, 10:50

Cheers mate, I'll get in touch with him :)