PDA

View Full Version : just trying out the site

williamspaul
12-03-2011, 07:20
First post!

cant seem to do alot on here really till i get full membership so i thought id post on here im from reading and i have a renault 5 turbo witch im converting to 16v power and a clio williams witch im converting to run a R26.R engine anyway thought id see if its worthwhile getting a membership

+i have a silver r5gtt bumper for sale or prefrably swap for a front gearbox mount :)

Junglist
12-03-2011, 08:04
Defo worth the membership m8 . Advice and help with your engine conversion and events to show it off when its all finished :)

R5TURBORON
12-03-2011, 11:21
Get signed up on here paul well worth the money and renewal is cheap.

(its Ronsvalver of clio16v)

lots of peeps on here will help if u have a problem

djinuk
12-03-2011, 11:22

JRP
12-03-2011, 11:28

modfather
12-03-2011, 11:33

:agree: it will be money well spent

raider_gtt
12-03-2011, 13:15
hay trust these guys they are right best thing to be in with theses cars hope you join ;)

phase i 16 v turbo
12-03-2011, 15:04
Lots of hard to find parts:D

dangerous dave
12-03-2011, 15:20
hello.. im in Reading, all the best members are:smokin:

williamspaul
12-03-2011, 16:46
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

thanks for the warm welcome i've mainly signed up to find parts theres none really on clio16valver and a black bonnet is being very illusive

and dangerous dave i think i used to live by you when i had my williams on the road think you was in the clio 16v with a 5 lump in it you dont have any engine mounts do you lol

how much is the membership i get paid tomorow i should really buy an ecu but membership sounds good too lol

5teve L
12-03-2011, 17:00

thanks for the warm welcome i've mainly signed up to find parts theres none really on clio16valver and a black bonnet is being very illusive

and dangerous dave i think i used to live by you when i had my williams on the road think you was in the clio 16v with a 5 lump in it you dont have any engine mounts do you lol

how much is the membership i get paid tomorow i should really buy an ecu but membership sounds good too lol
Yeah you should be saving for a 16v ecu :D

Join up it's worth it mate, parts & knowledge alone is worth the £25... then £10 a year after that IIRC..
If you need the ecu before next payday PM me your address & I'll post it out mate ;)
You'll get a gearbox mount no bother ;)

jamie_8
12-03-2011, 18:24
hello.. im in Reading, all the best members are:smokin:

what he said.:cool:

J$£5GTT
12-03-2011, 21:15

:D

williamspaul
13-03-2011, 15:01

couldnt expect you to do that steve esecially when i havent even got the engine in yet one of my mates keeps messing me about with mounts but ill defo have the money for you soon i've got a couple of bits to sell a coops mount williams head and a bumper i got given win :)

im not far off finishing the five just need
oil filter
engine mounts if they ever come lol
ht leads
ecu
clutch fork (in the post)

but im in no real rush as i cant afford to insure it till i get a job :(

raider_gtt
13-03-2011, 15:08
First post!

cant seem to do alot on here really till i get full membership so i thought id post on here im from reading and i have a renault 5 turbo witch im converting to 16v power and a clio williams witch im converting to run a R26.R engine anyway thought id see if its worthwhile getting a membership

+i have a silver r5gtt bumper for sale or prefrably swap for a front gearbox mount :)

hi mate could you put a pic up on here of the bumper i may have the engine mount you need thanks chris d;)

williamspaul
14-03-2011, 12:05

ill get it up asap

dangerous dave
14-03-2011, 17:12

yeah i think i remember you, i had just got the c1j in the car and it was all running but i just didn't like the feel of the car.. it was better with the 1.8 16v lump in:sad2: so i jogged it on..

i have a full set of mounts but there for my build:p but there should be some old ones kicking about, i'll have a look but to be honest my garage is a sh1t hole and i can't get from one side to the other without breaking my neck:ashamed: chances = slim

williamspaul
15-03-2011, 11:18

dont worry yourself mate my freind came through happy days its weird i was going to knock on your door the other day just by chance you might have something ill be putting the engine in friday down chatteris way on my mates drive keep an eye out for me ill bring it round when im done id like to see what you've been getting up to on your cars

jamie_8
15-03-2011, 12:35

dont worry yourself mate my freind came through happy days its weird i was going to knock on your door the other day just by chance you might have something ill be putting the engine in friday down chatteris way on my mates drive keep an eye out for me ill bring it round when im done id like to see what you've been getting up to on your cars

:laugh::laugh::laugh: don't we all :laugh::laugh::laugh:

williamspaul
15-03-2011, 13:51

i take it he hasnt done alot :crap: mines the same the williams has been off the road for 2 years but its due a big turbo powered come back :smokin::smokin::smokin:

where abouts are you from jamie i havent seen your car about

jamie_8
15-03-2011, 15:33

i take it he hasnt done alot :crap: mines the same the williams has been off the road for 2 years but its due a big turbo powered come back :smokin::smokin::smokin:

where abouts are you from jamie i havent seen your car about

I live around cemetery junction. I've got a black 5 with yellow graphics, but most of the time I'm driving around in my polo gti...Dave's has been off the road about a year or so now but he's finally getting around to putting it back together now the weathers warmed up a bit. :)

williamspaul
15-03-2011, 16:18

dont know how ive never seen that about having yellow graphics on it should stand out i thought i hadnt seen daves around for a while i miss seeing 5s and 16vs about my mate just brought one the other day a naples red one im going to have to have a go havent been in a valver since the summer and that was only my williams engined van its just not the same :(

williamspaul
15-03-2011, 16:22
clutch fork came in the post today and the clutch bolts so the only thing im waiting for now is the crane witch doesnt come back till monday so there gos fridays plans out the window :(:(:(:(:(:(

dangerous dave
15-03-2011, 17:42
clutch fork came in the post today and the clutch bolts so the only thing im waiting for now is the crane witch doesnt come back till monday so there gos fridays plans out the window :(:(:(:(:(:(

engine crane? i have one of them:)

my progress is ranges from slow to fecking slow, im at a point where i have to either build the car up cheap leaving it matt black, or respray it inside and out in something new.

im only about if my silver astravans poking off the drive and im doing 6 days a week at the mo to fund my renault 5 crack like habit.:smokin:

williamspaul
15-03-2011, 18:26
whats the plan for it id be more than happy to help you out work doesnt leave you alot of time to spend on the 5 tho :( minecould do with a respray really but i wana get her moving first

dangerous dave
15-03-2011, 18:34
whats the plan for it id be more than happy to help you out work doesnt leave you alot of time to spend on the 5 tho :( minecould do with a respray really but i wana get her moving first

plans are a stripped and very fast 5, i have all the gear and the cars stripped so im pretty much there.. :D i have the funds for paint but the cars on hold at the minute for a few reasons. :)

if your short of a crane when you need it just let me know as you can borrow mine, just needs a long bolt to lock the legs in as the pins gone walkies.. and rope/straps.. :)

williamspaul
15-03-2011, 18:46
are you useing the normal 1.4 i would like to build a big power 1.4 i love seeeing all that power out of a 1.4

i mite take you up on that its only got to go round the corner from you house aswell and i really did want to get it in friday pm me your number and ill give you a text or something

dangerous dave
15-03-2011, 18:57
are you useing the normal 1.4 i would like to build a big power 1.4 i love seeeing all that power out of a 1.4

i mite take you up on that its only got to go round the corner from you house aswell and i really did want to get it in friday pm me your number and ill give you a text or something

yeah 1.4 with some tinkering:)

williamspaul
15-03-2011, 19:01
thats what i like to see my mates got a 1.4 gt lump with a knackered bottom end i wana try and get it off him and dump it in a clio why didnt you like yours a bit light on the front end ?

dangerous dave
15-03-2011, 19:56
thats what i like to see my mates got a 1.4 gt lump with a knackered bottom end i wana try and get it off him and dump it in a clio why didnt you like yours a bit light on the front end ?

Yeah, front was light so the handling was shocking and there was so much left to do. It was all in, but nothing finished. I went about it all wrong, should have got it running and then spent money on what it needed, instead I bought sh1t I didn't need and at the end wasn't happy when it wasn't right and I was skint. I was told but wasn't listening:crap:

williamspaul
16-03-2011, 10:32
been there everyone telling you not to do it but you know best i blew 6000 on a clio a few years ago youve probly seen it about that wide arch yellow clio what an ugly peice of sh@t but ive learnt by my mistakes now all about speed

dangerous dave
16-03-2011, 16:46
been there everyone telling you not to do it but you know best i blew 6000 on a clio a few years ago youve probly seen it about that wide arch yellow clio what an ugly peice of sh@t but ive learnt by my mistakes now all about speed

theres was 2 yellow clios, one parked up outside the taxi drivers house that had the window put through and one buy the ally way which im guessing is yours?

there was a nice white gtt parked near that road many years ago?

williamspaul
16-03-2011, 18:53
dont remeber the gtt but that was my old one it lived there for a while after i sold it but he lost the key thats why it didnt move but he never gave me all the money so i never gave him the spare then it moved to the latest owners house at the end of chatteris way who got caught driving it with no insurance licence tax or mot after we did the williams conversion on it that come out of my clio van the temptation was too much for him but ive done it before after ive fitted an engine into something taken it up and down th road before its still wrong but hard to resist thats why i want a traders policy this year i sell enough cars to get one

williamspaul
18-03-2011, 17:16
engines in thanks dave for the crane ;)

Shifty
19-03-2011, 00:06

welcome paul
its Austin from c16v
get yourself signed up on here.. (full of useful information)
and i read your engine fitting thread over on c16 haha !

Coops
20-03-2011, 11:32
hey up laddo, lots moving over here now :-)

williamspaul
20-03-2011, 11:46
hello guys good to see alot of people from clio16valver on here im definatly going to get a membership but im starting a new job on monday dont get paid for a week so most of that needs to go on disks and pads and mot for the 5 the williams will have to wait can you belive the qmex loom and boost control;ler i ordered still hasnt come over a month later i need to chase this up ive allready called them once getting bored of waiting now

still need a standard r5 black bonnet :)

williamspaul
21-03-2011, 21:30
how do i put pics up on here or am i not allowed?

williamspaul
03-04-2011, 19:51
in desperate need for a volvo 480 0r 440 alternator bracket and tensioner to fit my 16v engine to take off the power steering i know its a long shot on here but im running out of places to look for one :( itss the only thing i need to finish :)

5teve L
04-04-2011, 08:35
Paul, I have an adjuster off the 19 thats metal & could maybe be modded, I'll have a look, the only part it doesn't have is the threaded adjuster part IIRC, I remember seeing it in the car boot yesterday, I'll take a closer look later & let you know if you can do anything with it, then all you need it some way of mounting it to the block.

williamspaul
13-04-2011, 19:35
right the 5s gone i had to buy a car to get to work so i found an rsi witch is ok for now but as soon as i brought it home my mum kicked off about me having another car told me one had to go seen as i need to get to work the 5 went i got £200 for it so i made a little profit im just really pissed off i was really starting to like it and it was really coming together but i didnt need 2 toys i need a car to get to work and a toy so the 5 was just a distraction so im ploughing all my moneys into the r26.r clio now i want it done ive had enough of it sat there doing nothing watch this space

williamspaul
14-04-2011, 19:05
in need of a renault 5 turbo front engine mount o/s just thew rubber bit cash waiting

Penfold aka The Dealer
14-04-2011, 19:17
It wernt me who closed the thread.....

But i think you have hinted enough for what parts your after....

chop chop and join up ;)