PDA

View Full Version : Whooshing noise from brake pedal

philg
09-03-2011, 19:30
Just finishing my brake conversion, new disc's pad all round with some 4 pots up front. I have bleed all the brakes in the correct order and had a nice steady stream of fluid. Peddle feels nice and firm with ignition off.

Problem is when i start the car im getting a whooshing noise from near the brake pedal, everything was fine before i changed my parts.

I have checked the vac pipe and its in place.

Had to give up really as its now pitch black.

Any suggestions :scratch:

SCHWARTZ
09-03-2011, 19:37
I would have said check vac pipe also matey.:scratch:

philg
09-03-2011, 19:49
Im also wondering what to do with the rear compensator, i jammed it forward while bleeding then wound the nut back a little toward the rear of the car, once finished.

The car has been lowered so its probably miles out and when i motd it the back brakes where shocking.

Is that the right way to put a bit more load on the rear discs? To the right on bleeding and then move the nut back left to adjust the load?

SCHWARTZ
09-03-2011, 20:01
pull it right (in pic) to bleed it yes phill. I have left mine right the way in still wont lock up the rears before the fronts.

philg
09-03-2011, 20:31
pull it right (in pic) to bleed it yes phill. I have left mine right the way in still wont lock up the rears before the fronts.

which way is right the way in, is that tightening up the nut or loosening it off?