View Full Version : anyone up for a rolling road day?

r5adz
04-03-2011, 23:16
Just wondered if anyone was up for a rolling road day? A friend of mine is the co owner of power + engineering & another friend of mine works there too. I called him today to ask about members of rtoc coming down for the day. They often have club days & he said they would love to get us down there. (one of the mechanics is a big 5 fan too and he knows his stuff ) Anyway i need to find out how many people would be up for it.
For those of you that don't already know there based in uxbridge middlesex in a nearby industrial estate and they have a new rolling road set up.
They normally charge £50 for a dyno run but they will do it for £35 a run for up to 15 people & if we can get over 15 there then it will be £30. As long as there are at least 10 cars there they will get the bbq out too.
So let me know what you think. I haven't talked about dates yet as i wanted to get a heads up from you all first. It would also give me a chance to say hello as since joining i've only made it down to the ace cafe once! between family & work it's hard to find time, hence my 5 is still in bits looking a bit sorry for it's self at the moment:scratch:
Cheers Adam

LeeJames
05-03-2011, 08:58
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I'd be interested, could do with a RR session!

Logg
05-03-2011, 09:22
lol funny you should say thst as I was down at powers yesterday. :D

The rollers they're are a set of dyno dynamics which seem to be the norm now days. very nice setup the rolling road guy is a very good friend and knows his stuff and won't bull**** people like many other tunners seemt to.

Wallace
05-03-2011, 09:48
I'd be interested dependant on dates........

Any idea when you were thinking of doing it?

r5adz
05-03-2011, 11:13
lol funny you should say thst as I was down at powers yesterday. :D

The rollers they're are a set of dyno dynamics which seem to be the norm now days. very nice setup the rolling road guy is a very good friend and knows his stuff and won't bull**** people like many other tunners seemt to.

Yeah my m8 dan said he knew you & your car.

r5adz
05-03-2011, 11:16
Not sure when really, I guess april/ may time as it would be nice to have good weather seeing as there gonna get the bbq out.

Logg
05-03-2011, 11:58
SteveL is organising a rolling road day already I think on the 24th of April. Could try and join that one and then try one at powers later in the year. They're a good bunch over Surrey way. :)

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=19901

5teve L
05-03-2011, 12:35
TBH, I've been so busy I haven't arranged it fully yet (rang up last week but the guy wasn't in), if you guys want to get the ball rolling at that venue instead I will cancel mine, as long as the price is right I don't think anyone would mind either rollers, a RR day is a RR day... BBQ sounds spot on though ;)

r5adz
05-03-2011, 17:48
TBH, I've been so busy I haven't arranged it fully yet (rang up last week but the guy wasn't in), if you guys want to get the ball rolling at that venue instead I will cancel mine, as long as the price is right I don't think anyone would mind either rollers, a RR day is a RR day... BBQ sounds spot on though ;)

If your sure Steve? sorry didn't know you were sorting one out already. I'll speak with Dan at powers & try to pencil a date then see if i can get the numbers up.

Wallace
05-03-2011, 20:15
Not sure when really, I guess april/ may time as it would be nice to have good weather seeing as there gonna get the bbq out.

May would be better for me..............but obviously it's up to the masses:agree:

r5adz
06-03-2011, 07:43
May would be better for me..............but obviously it's up to the masses:agree:

ok m8, i think may would be better anyway (hopefully the weather will be better then:)) Only have about 4 or 5 interested at the moment but it's early days.