PDA

View Full Version : Torque setting for rod bearing caps

Gttnutter
04-03-2011, 09:32
As title, would like to know as i'm out here today putting it togeather

James5 if you read this and dont reply with a correct answer i'll be disapointed

You love taking yours apart each month :laugh:

modfather
04-03-2011, 09:47
in the haynes manual it says

the main bearing cap bolts are 65 nm/48 lbf ft
big end bearing caps 45nm/33lbf ft

Gttnutter
04-03-2011, 09:55
Ta very muchsos

James5
04-03-2011, 10:02
As title, would like to know as i'm out here today putting it togeather

James5 if you read this and dont reply with a correct answer i'll be disapointed

You love taking yours apart each month :laugh:

:laugh: Cheeky in fact done mine last night to 45nm :agree: might be worth packing the oil pump with molygrip grease, white lithium grease or vaseline, as it will help prime better which is the problem I am having at the mo, my sump has been of 3 times in the last 2 days and coming off again so I can pack it as I am getting no oil pressure

tiff_lee
04-03-2011, 11:04
:laugh: Cheeky in fact done mine last night to 45nm :agree: might be worth packing the oil pump with molygrip grease, white lithium grease or vaseline, as it will help prime better which is the problem I am having at the mo, my sump has been of 3 times in the last 2 days and coming off again so I can pack it as I am getting no oil pressure

You got any oil in it? :cartman:

Brigsy
04-03-2011, 11:09

Prv jammed open?? might be worth making a tool up out of an old dizzy drive to prime it with a drill too:)

Gttnutter
04-03-2011, 19:10
All done cheers chaps

James5
04-03-2011, 19:13
Prv jammed open?? might be worth making a tool up out of an old dizzy drive to prime it with a drill too:)

Yeah got loads of oil in the fecking thing

http://www.rtoc.org/wizard/?show=7321

Got the Shimmed pump in front of me at mo am going to stip it down and take a look at it