PDA

View Full Version : breather probs.

CHUNK The Goonies
03-11-2008, 14:52
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

My bro,s 5 is sucking air constantly thru the air filter at quite a high rate and making a swirrly blow joby noise..:o ive been told that there must be some breathers missing??? thing is been to renault (know fuxk all) and they say there is no breathers in pipes for the 5, i know different.. does any1 know part numbers for these breathers so i can ram them hard and fast down the little tits head at renault..:laugh:

help needed quickly to save another 5:D

OUTLAW
03-11-2008, 14:59
386:agree:

OUTLAW
03-11-2008, 15:04
:smokin:theres maybe not breathers in pipes...but they might be one way valves inside the original reno pipes????

James5
03-11-2008, 15:09
You mean restrictors within the breather system, there are 2, 1 is between the T piece and the inlet manifold, and the other goes between the swirl pot and the T piece.

Brigsy
03-11-2008, 15:10
Sounds like the restrictor is missing out of the breather pipe that goes to the inlet manifold to the t-piece mate, or the pipe has split.

If the restrictor is missing use a plastic car valve dust cap, make a 1mm hole in the middle & fit it inside the pipe near the t-piece, jobs a good'en.

Matt Cole
03-11-2008, 22:43
Sounds like the restrictor is missing out of the breather pipe that goes to the inlet manifold to the t-piece mate, or the pipe has split.

If the restrictor is missing use a plastic car valve dust cap, make a 1mm hole in the middle & fit it inside the pipe near the t-piece, jobs a good'en.

Yeah just to clarify, the pipes fitted are of a larger diameter and look a bodge job. The restrictors i doubt are there. I used a soldered mig tip on my last engine, seemed to do the trick.