PDA

View Full Version : Cutting out!

Bass J
19-02-2011, 22:40
This has happened since my last engine ...recently got markey marks engine installed ..thought it wouldve been my last engines fault.. but nope..its still doing it with marks engine.

Basically its cutting out when coming to a junction,traffic lights....basically when i dip the clutch and press the brake it just goes to cut out :( had this problem with my last engine.

Tried the usual...cleaned the idle jet... turned the idle speed up and its still doing it...checked ignition leads were on properly.

Has anybody got any other idea's?

James5
19-02-2011, 22:48
This has happened since my last engine ...recently got markey marks engine installed ..thought it wouldve been my last engines fault.. but nope..its still doing it with marks engine.

Basically its cutting out when coming to a junction,traffic lights....basically when i dip the clutch and press the brake it just goes to cut out :( had this problem with my last engine.

Tried the usual...cleaned the idle jet... turned the idle speed up and its still doing it...checked ignition leads were on properly.

Has anybody got any other idea's?

Have you checked the carb base for air leaks, I had a similar problem a few years back I ended up swapping the carb base for another spare and it sorted my problem out

Bass J
19-02-2011, 22:59
Nope i havent. Carb base? ...you got any pictures of what i have to change? ....as i dont wanna go messing with this carb ..as its set for the boost im running :laugh:

James5
19-02-2011, 23:02
Nope i havent. Carb base? ...you got any pictures of what i have to change? ....as i dont wanna go messing with this carb ..as its set for the boost im running :laugh:

2 x phillips screws that hold it to the carb body, you might need another gasket when you remove for between the carb base and carb body

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25/GTTJames/Solex%2032%20Dis%20Carbs/IMG_2908.jpg

Tony Walker
19-02-2011, 23:05
clamp the vacuum hose to your brake servo off, see if it still cuts out, just bear in mind you will have no servo assist on your brakes so will feel useless.

Bass J
19-02-2011, 23:16
i will try clamping the brake servo hose ..this may be my problem to be honest ...as my brakes feel ....well crap :laugh:

And james i will try that if the brake servo hose aint the problem :)