PDA

View Full Version : gsf surcharge???

boysie
17-02-2011, 23:06
just looking at some new brake calipers at gsf and noticed they charge you a surcharge until you send your old part back, so a £39 caliper becomes £79, that means i would have to shell out £158 for a pair of calipers if i bought them online!
looked at starter motors and altenators and they do the same with them,

just wondering if they do the same if you go to the trade counter, or do they just sell them outright?

Bigfoot
17-02-2011, 23:13
Thats what a surcharge is. Unless you want to buy new but doubt they got them anymore. Alternators and starter motors you more than likely to find new units but every goes for refurb anyway. But its the same with all places and dont matter if online or at the counter

Eugein Offord
17-02-2011, 23:54
if your calipers are cack why have em ............ i like the idea that the recent gsf callipers on my car could be from a pergoat 205.............what you could do is send gsf your callipers first......... and then buy the refurbed jobs at the marked price................:)

modfather
18-02-2011, 09:19
what calipers do you need, i only ask as im changing my rears as the are naff maybe you could have them to use for a trade in to avoid the charge :)

phase i 16 v turbo
18-02-2011, 09:26
Yes the trade also have to pay a surcharge. If you want secondhand I have boxes of them.

boysie
18-02-2011, 17:16
@eugine, yea i think the rear as same as 205gti and the front same as clio,
@ modfather, thanks fo the offer:agree: just swapping fronts tho

can understand stuff like turbo's starters and alternators been sent back for refurbing but didnt think brake calipers would be,
guess it will be a trip down to trade counter with them then, just wondered if they "overlooked" anyone not bringing anything in exchange, not that i want to keep em cos they have been painted god knows how many times before and they just look like a great big red blob now!:eek:
so fancy some shiney oe looking ones strapped to my shiney new discs behind my shiney oe looking wheels (when i get round to fitting them)
i like buying shiney new bits, shame i never get round to fitting them:wasntme:

tiff_lee
18-02-2011, 17:38
i like buying shiney new bits, shame i never get round to fitting them:wasntme:

Sounds exactly like me, my bedroom is turning into a warehouse

Tony Walker
18-02-2011, 22:26
Your buying a reconditioned item, if no-one sent there old ones back there wouldnt be any to recondition :) Suppliers not normally bothered what calliper goes back aslong as something does.

boysie
19-02-2011, 00:42
yea i guess your right:) i actually expected i would be buying a brand new caliper tbh, but i guess at that price it wont be:ashamed:

Tony Walker
19-02-2011, 00:45
Just as good usually :agree: mine are recon all round, looked like brand new. Its a different story with starters and alternators tho(alot more components that should be reconditioned but aren't necessarily)