PDA

View Full Version : Alloy wheel removal problems

Dave_r5gt
11-02-2011, 19:37
First post!

Having a nightmare trying to get my alloys off lol they are league alloys,dont know the model as they came on the car.
Ive seen them on quite a few fives so wondered if any 1 knows anyfing?
The problem is the bore of the hole that contains the bolt is so small my regular sockets dont fit,ive tried the halfords 17mm cheap sockets and ground it down,this fits in the hole,and gos over the bolt but doesnt feel quite like a 17mm??? The bolt is 8 sided by the way

The cars not road legal at the mo so cant take it anywer,any help wud b kl gt a pile of parts to fit just need the wheels off lol

Cheers
Dave
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn67/dave_van/r52.jpg

car.crash
11-02-2011, 20:04
do the bolts have a star shape inside? post a pic of the bolt

dangerous dave
11-02-2011, 20:06
When i took these wheels off the owner had a socket that I believe came with the wheels..

J$£5GTT
11-02-2011, 20:06
there league 065's,i have those,they come with a special socket due to the spokes going right into the centre of the rim (makes the holes narrow).

you need this socket,so best thing to do is contact a local alloy wheel supplier an get one ordered up,there be folk online,an ace wheel supplier be my first call.

or contact last owner..
:):agree:

Dave_r5gt
11-02-2011, 20:51
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Cheers ppl. Thanks for identifiying them.I will get right on it.
Cheers

Gttnutter
12-02-2011, 11:15
Another local..welcome buddy :)

As for the gash design that these wheels need a special socket....sucks

Dave_r5gt
12-02-2011, 15:02
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Alrite m8,didnt think ther was many 5's round here.never see any on the road lol

Yer mite just go back to standard wheels once i get these off if i can find a socket