PDA

View Full Version : rally design

philg
08-02-2011, 18:52
I have put a few bob their way since starting my gt restoration, all i can say is they are not the most helpful chaps. Its not just me but also my brother and a friend of ours uses them alot and have both had similar experiences. No problem with the products, but feel if your not spending £1000 or more they just don't seem very helpful.

Demon tweeks on the other hand, yeah you pay a few more pounds but they really do help you out when on the phone. I had no problems returning my seats, buying pads and even just picking their brains when after advice on a set of wheels.

Anyone else had problems with them?

It probably because im from up north :laugh:

TrixNFlix
08-02-2011, 19:00
They probably don't know what the feck your saying! :D
Always found merlin motorsports realy knowledgeable and helpful.

Bigfoot
08-02-2011, 19:02
Dealt with Rally design a few times, both times very helpful, even sending it free item because the one I ordered was wrong. Maybe its a southern thing :laugh:

philg
08-02-2011, 19:03
They probably don't know what the feck your saying! :D
Always found merlin motorsports realy knowledgeable and helpful.

Wat ya takin abooot like?

Come on andy, please dont tar me with ant and decs brush :laugh:

philg
08-02-2011, 19:04
Dealt with Rally design a few times, both times very helpful, even sending it free item because the one I ordered was wrong. Maybe its a southern thing :laugh:

I think so :agree:

TrixNFlix
08-02-2011, 19:17
Wat ya takin abooot like?

Come on andy, please dont tar me with ant and decs brush :laugh:

You must be the same height as dec? No......:scratch: :D

Ashy
08-02-2011, 21:31
Yeah Merlin get the :agree: from me, very helpful :)

car.crash
08-02-2011, 22:16
Yeah Merlin get the :agree: from me, very helpful :)

:agree:

philg
09-02-2011, 08:12
I have only used merlin for my brake ducts and that was done online, are they helpful guys?

Ha ha maybe one of them can point me in the direction of a paint code for my wilwood caliper i scratched, because the guy at rally design was not up to much.

phil

HAndy
09-02-2011, 12:28
have you now sorted the space problem between wheel caliper,( im guessing a 5mm spacer :( )
as regards to colour match .maybe take the caliper with you and have a wonder in halfords and try match up with there touch up sticks or a paint supplier, the one near me has about 4000 diferent shades of red :eek: just dont get to carried away ,after a few months of track and road use there going to pick up scuffs /stone chips etc:ashamed:

philg
09-02-2011, 13:56
have you now sorted the space problem between wheel caliper,( im guessing a 5mm spacer :( )
as regards to colour match .maybe take the caliper with you and have a wonder in halfords and try match up with there touch up sticks or a paint supplier, the one near me has about 4000 diferent shades of red :eek: just dont get to carried away ,after a few months of track and road use there going to pick up scuffs /stone chips etc:ashamed:

I have ordered my discs, lancier. It will give me a 2mm thicker disc and the hub size is basically the same as the gt, about 20mm

Overall the disc will sit about 2mm further back, im going to have to machine the the centre out from 59-61mm and elongate the bolt holes.

Once i get the disc on im going to have a mess on with spacers, i may have to use a 5mm on the front :cry:

Im gutted about my caliper, what can you do :crap:

phil

Brigsy
09-02-2011, 17:19
Rally design are pretty unhelpful, they sent me the wrong item before & i had to argue the toss over it on the fone.

philg
09-02-2011, 18:27
Rally design are pretty unhelpful, they sent me the wrong item before & i had to argue the toss over it on the fone.

Definitely a northern thing then.