PDA

View Full Version : no fuel

royz
07-02-2011, 21:11
driving along today stopped for petrol 5 mins later the car just dies. it would not restart so checked for spark all ok but no fuel getting to the carb. i can feel the pump prime but no fuel comes out at the carb end of the pipework. so checked the fuel pick up in the tank and checked the fuel filter all ok. is it possible there could be a fault in the pump or a blockage some where. got the car home but now need to fix ill be checking the pump tomorrow but if it dose need replacing whats the best option to go for.

Kris M
07-02-2011, 22:25
GTT pump doesnt "prime" as such. It will only pump once the engine is turning over....Bridge the fuel pump relay to turn the pump on continously then see if you get fuel ? Id say the pump has probably sucked some crap into it....You may hear it trying to work but it may have seized :)

royz
13-02-2011, 16:46
thanks kris. all is well in getting power to the pump so its looking like the pump has gone :cry:. the pump has a filter in the inlet is this standard as never come across this before. had a bit of crap sat there but even after cleaning this out the pump sounded as though its grinding stones. the motoer is running so what options do i have for replacement pumps.

Kris M
13-02-2011, 16:59
Yeah, thay have a gauze in them......Nip down to GSF and get a replacement ph1 pump....or ebay or classifieds....Standard ph1 pump is your friend :)

royz
13-02-2011, 18:01
cheers. looks like im going to trafford park tomorrow.:)

royz
18-02-2011, 20:14
kris i take it its the pump listed on the site. had a few issues getting one. the first type they supplied was a peirsbrug one. the filter in the end of the pump had signs of rust on it due to a split in the protective cap. from what the lad said in store this type is no longer stocked. so ive ended up swapping the filters over as the replacement stock dose not look as though its up to the job and dose not have a filter in the end.