PDA

View Full Version : Gaz Coilovers

elmof1
07-02-2011, 10:22
Hi,
I've been offered a set of new Gaz coilovers for a reasonable price and just wondering what everyone thinks of this setup??

Looking to stiffen and drop the ride height, but also want a reliable setup that will last.

Cheers

Spooky
07-02-2011, 10:24
Gaz are very good, end of.

Penfold aka The Dealer
07-02-2011, 10:29
I would be happy if i had gaz on my car, have had them before and had no problems

dangerous dave
07-02-2011, 10:37
Loved mine, rock hard on every setting but got me low and round corners hard enough I thought my seat was gonna break free sending me out the passenger window..

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-02-2011, 10:41
Gaz shocks are good, just get the right springs...

elcie
07-02-2011, 17:37
Gaz shocks are good, just get the right springs...

what do you mean the right springs, as in higher lb's what do you recommend matt ?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-02-2011, 18:15
I recall some gaz kits coming with 180lbs springs, as a road kit.
For fast road use I think 280lbs is ok.......remember, we have great roads in this country.....
The lbs rating should be etched on the surface of the spring or painted on the coil.

elcie
10-02-2011, 23:08
Ok, thanks for that will check mine when there off.

Matt Cole
11-02-2011, 08:42
I recall some gaz kits coming with 180lbs springs, as a road kit.
For fast road use I think 280lbs is ok.......remember, we have great roads in this country.....
The lbs rating should be etched on the surface of the spring or painted on the coil.

I'm wondering if 300lb springs would be the better option for those with heavier engine conversions?

James5
11-02-2011, 09:27
I'm wondering if 300lb springs would be the better option for those with heavier engine conversions?

Matt, with the heavy F4r lump up front i was running Spax RSX with 310lbs springs and they were note stiff enough, I tried a few combinations of settings and it still handheld the corners quiet bad with a C1J in place it was much better but still I think needed stiffer springs. I currently run C1J and i am using 550lbs 6" springs ok this is a little overkill and are very stiff but adjusting the damping to about 1/2 way the car is driveable and not to bad, handles corner fantastic and pretty much no body roll:D I would say 450lbs springs would prob be the choice i would go for.

philg
11-02-2011, 10:14
Matt, with the heavy F4r lump up front i was running Spax RSX with 310lbs springs and they were note stiff enough, I tried a few combinations of settings and it still handheld the corners quiet bad with a C1J in place it was much better but still I think needed stiffer springs. I currently run C1J and i am using 550lbs 6" springs ok this is a little overkill and are very stiff but adjusting the damping to about 1/2 way the car is driveable and not to bad, handles corner fantastic and pretty much no body roll:D I would say 450lbs springs would prob be the choice i would go for.

550lbs, feking hell james, i know how to find you at ND, the lad with no teeth :)

James5
11-02-2011, 10:30
550lbs, feking hell james, i know how to find you at ND, the lad with no teeth :)

:laugh: it's not as bad as you think, I have got used to it, country back roads it's a fecking nightmare though:D

Matt Cole
11-02-2011, 14:36
James,

I was more talking for a fast road car with some comfort and not something bouncy / crashy and just horrific on our roads. I guess its down to personal choice but 500lb + springs must be dreadfull on the roads!?:eek:

James5
11-02-2011, 14:49
James,

I was more talking for a fast road car with some comfort and not something bouncy / crashy and just horrific on our roads. I guess its down to personal choice but 500lb + springs must be dreadfull on the roads!?:eek:

Not as bad as you think it would be, don't forget adjusting the damping can make it feel much better, I have got used to my setup ok it is a little crashy on really bad potholed country roads and being so low to the ground also doesn't help but on the majoity of main roads the car handles very very well