PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Engine Mounts - Discontinued

Bigfoot
07-02-2011, 09:45
Just got off the phone to pearl, they have now discontinued the rear engine mount for the renault 5 gt turbo, this is more than likely the same with the other two mounts

Woznaldo
07-02-2011, 09:50
Have a look in the group buy section for Scoffs rear mount. ;)

Bigfoot
07-02-2011, 09:56
I have got all brand new pearl ones on both my cars, its just more of if other people are wanting it and not wanting such a solid mount as the one scoff has.

Was ringing up for a local member trying to replace his, going to try a mount from firstline to see what they are like.

Woznaldo
07-02-2011, 11:03
Fair enough. The Scoff mount is a little hard for some.

Brigsy
07-02-2011, 11:49
The firstline mounts are fine ive used them in the past :agree:

Thundercat
07-02-2011, 12:18
I'm gonna have a go at making a rear mount using a heavy duty range rover V8 rubber. Will get some pics when i've fabricated one.

5teve L
07-02-2011, 16:50
I'm gonna have a go at making a rear mount using a heavy duty range rover V8 rubber. Will get some pics when i've fabricated one.
I always find the gearbox mount go's 1st

dangerous dave
07-02-2011, 16:53
:( no mounts, loads of other parts unavailable.. what we gonna do:cry:

Bigfoot
07-02-2011, 17:01
:( no mounts, loads of other parts unavailable.. what we gonna do:cry:

Go to tesco and buy a box of tissues to dry those tears

dangerous dave
07-02-2011, 17:14
Go to tesco and buy a box of tissues to dry those tears

its ok, i keep some by the bed:popcorn:

just seems the way at the moment, i was asking a friend for prices on lots of bits and he was coming back saying they dont stock them anymore..

Brigsy
07-02-2011, 17:15
Old cars now, to be expected:( give it a couple of years and we will all be fighting for new old stock aftermarket engine mounts etc on ebay:laugh:

Bigfoot
07-02-2011, 17:17
Yeah I know that feeling, trying to source some original springs from my work was difficult enough, had to go through a few suppliers first to get there. Surprising how much this company keeps hold though or can get hold of, shame cant get exhausts anymore cheap, just from renault or from walker which worked out about £200 :crap:

Bigfoot
07-02-2011, 17:20
Thats why so many people are breaking these cars, as people are after the bits which aren't available anymore and know they can get silly money for them, anyone see that AEI go on eBay for :eek:

dangerous dave
07-02-2011, 17:28
i spotted the AEI on there but not the final price, what was it??

i've bought tons of aftermarket gear now, following the oe route was more:crap: i was lucky with some simple things, i payed feck all for new front and rear calipers when others are wanting over a ton each for rears. they wanted 80 for each headlight, but i got them for 15.99 on ebay for a valeo and another came up for 25.99 for the other side:smokin:

Bigfoot
07-02-2011, 17:33
Went for £210 inc delivery. Yeah I was lucky, got a brand new set of valeo for £50 delivered. Got new standard aftermarket shocks for £100, springs are going to cost me about £45 for the front for original height, this will be second pair as first pair was for a non gt turbo :( was lucky that renault had loads of hoses in their warehouse and wanted to get rid so purchased those all cheap. eBay is great if you have the time to get hold of the bits, most of the time I have been lucky and seen an add, might have paid more for the item than could have got, but then went to collect and got loads of other bits, still cant beat my 99p gearboxes though all within 5miles of home :D