PDA

View Full Version : decisions decisions

mkandy
03-02-2011, 23:40
OK the car i have recently purchased needs work bodywork and engine work but i need to be steered in the right direction on the engine decision. It came with two engines, the one that is in the car is an f7p from a clio i believe but not fully installed totally bodged actually bits of speaker cable holding stuff together wiring loom in bits with cables just twisted. :sad2: I can only assume the engine is ok for a conversion. It also came with the old gtt lump which is in peices now as i wanted to know why it was changed the guy said he had low compression on cylinder 1 it was a knackered threaded spark plug attempt and looks like a tiny hairline crack on the liner cam is worn etc

Now do I either rebuild the 5 engine to a tougher harder spec or do i convert the f7p to a turbo?

lots of 5 experience but not with the f7p engines or converting stuff what do you recon?

Sorry for all the questions:agree:

Alex
04-02-2011, 07:36
The easiest/cheapest option would be to build up the C1J engine.......... that's what I'd do personally. You could sell the other engine to help fund it..... ;)

djinuk
04-02-2011, 07:49
indeed i would also rebuild the c1j, these cars are great for there simplicity, why make it complicated unless your after silly amounts of power.

car.crash
04-02-2011, 08:04
Drop markymark a pm regarding the wiring. He may be able to help and has a cheap rate. It will be cheaper then rebuilding the c1j.

Markey Mark (BD)
04-02-2011, 16:14
I'd personally stick with the Clio F7P lump mate and then when funds allow turbo that.

mkandy
05-02-2011, 22:39
I am totally not sure, i have had a 19 16v many years ago and a clio 16v and they are pretty slow and you cant beat the sound of a turbo so i think i am going to have to rebuild the c1j:confused:

Adam 005
06-02-2011, 08:50
I am totally not sure, i have had a 19 16v many years ago and a clio 16v and they are pretty slow and you cant beat the sound of a turbo so i think i am going to have to rebuild the c1j:confused:
check the c1j block for cam bearing wear if you have a very worn camshaft:)

MADFIVE
06-02-2011, 10:38
c1j rebuild all the way mate. you just cant beat the sound of the c1j cuming on boost. it reminds me of a scooby but a baby version. lol. :agree: