PDA

View Full Version : HID lighting

Adam 005
30-01-2011, 21:56
i am wanting some hid lights for my gt but not sure which to go for as they varey in price loads any one on here running them:)any advice welcome:cool:

Ricardo
30-01-2011, 22:09
I'm using HID lights from this company, good service, quick delivery if in stock. The chapis very helpful.

http://www.evobits.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=66

I assume you just buy the kit to whatever bulb the R5 uses i.e H4, the other option is to choose what K rating bulb you'd like. I use a 4300k bulb as it's the closest to what Renault use, the next step up is 6000k which give off more of a blue tinge where as the 4300k are white blue. Personally i wouldn't go any higher than 6000k

Kris M
30-01-2011, 22:13
Speak to J or Minty, i know they both run HID`s in the 5`s....Infact ive had to have both of them behind me all the way home from the Nurburgring, dont think i had any retinas left when we got home....Damn bright !! :D

James5
30-01-2011, 22:17
I run 6000k hid hi and Low kit fantastic, I also run white LED side lights and now run LED foglight bulbs not that the fog light bulbs are as bright as the OE.

bones660
31-01-2011, 19:10
i am wanting some hid lights for my gt but not sure which to go for as they varey in price loads any one on here running them:)any advice welcome:cool:

use the 6000k ballast's bud . :D

J$£5GTT
31-01-2011, 20:13
ads i have had mine now for near on two yrs,no problems,just nice white light,i have to say i feel safer driving to,may sound daft,but when you get them an drive you will notice a difference in how you are treated on the road,99% of the time...:D

i got mine from here-

http://www.knightracer.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=42

but shop around as most kits are the same with different logo's etc on them...
minty i think uses the same kit,and like me use morrettes which seem to work
very well in a small light unit,not experienced them in standard light units,but i
guess they would be a great improvement.

also i have the 6000's,anymore and i think imo you will stand out like a piece of
meat at a vege party...:D...aka the old bill,but take your choice..
:):agree:

James5
31-01-2011, 20:46
I have the 6000k (bright white) kit in OE headlights they are fantastic cost me £55 + postage from ebay UK seller they have slimine ballasts only took a few mins to install, very big improvement over OE bulbs.

J$£5GTT
31-01-2011, 21:22
just to add,mine came with the connector pins the wrong way around,took me a while to suss this,dummy here thought it was the light units an bulbs that needed adjusting....:wasntme:

basically i was getting high beam when it was on low an low beam when on high..:dearme:
:laugh::agree: