PDA

View Full Version : what to do

Shakes
28-01-2011, 15:40
I baught my 5 about 10months ago ive done a fair bit of work to it seals and other stuff for the mot.
in them 10months i must of grown up alot as ive really gone of the car infact i hate it i want something more standard looking.
So heres my idea:
Get a standard kit fit it and blow over the whole car in pearl white & fit some standard black trim inside, sounds easy but we all know its alot of work and money.
My friend is suggesting:
Put it up for sale as it is, as someone will like the moddified look and it is done well and would be a shame to spend money on it and rip a nice car apart. (problem is i dont think id get much for it like that)
And the 3rd option:
put the standard kit on it and the wheels from the clio were breaking paint the kit blue and sell the car like that and buy another one. (this will cost me nothing as i have swaps for the kit and some blue paint in the garage) i want either a black one or a pearl one.
What would you do?

phase i 16 v turbo
28-01-2011, 16:06
Have 2 fives as you may chance your mind again.

Nayls
28-01-2011, 17:48
work out what you want for it as it is,then stick it on pistonheads for that amount and state no offers.
give it a month,if it sells then get the 5 you want,if it does'nt then look to one of your other options

r5 rich
28-01-2011, 20:32
my opinion is to sell it as it is and buy another. I usually hate modified cars but I think yours is nicely done. God I wish I was 17 again, I might have even thought of buying it:D

MADFIVE
28-01-2011, 20:35
sell it to a chav they would love it. :laugh:

Nayls
28-01-2011, 22:24
**** it! i'l say it before someone else does!

bring it down here i'l break it for you :laugh:

djinuk
28-01-2011, 23:15
personally i would stick with what you have got if you know its a sound base.. a lot of r5s out there are terrible..

What about putting the standard kit on , painting it blue and then keeping i.. i think it personally would look really nice. I also think that way you will get the extra buzz factor..

Lets face it most people around here end up stripping there 5s down and fully painting them at some point anyway !..

5alldaway
28-01-2011, 23:22
sell it to nayls and let him break it, the man is the reason why gtt values are on the way up cause there wont be any left soon :D

r5 rich
29-01-2011, 09:33
I can't comment on nayls as I've broke 4 reanault 5 GT turbos phase 2, 1 Clio Williams 2, 1 Clio 1.8 16v phase 1 and 2 Clio 1.8 16v! Some of the Clio have had alot more rust than the 5s which have been pretty worrying!

Nayls
29-01-2011, 10:20
I can't comment on nayls as I've broke 4 reanault 5 GT turbos phase 2, 1 Clio Williams 2, 1 Clio 1.8 16v phase 1 and 2 Clio 1.8 16v! Some of the Clio have had alot more rust than the 5s which have been pretty worrying!

i've only broke two!! but they like to call me "the breaker" :laugh::laugh:

suppose i could make it 3? :wasntme::laugh:

r5 rich
29-01-2011, 11:47
i've only broke two!! but they like to call me "the breaker" :laugh::laugh:

suppose i could make it 3? :wasntme::laugh:

all the ones above have gone to the scrapyard that I have done, even thought about doing the phase 1 aswell that I owned but just couldn`t do it and sold it to Mike and he still has it in his collection. Now wheres my next victim as I have a double garage and its empty:devil:

Shane P
29-01-2011, 11:57
I baught my 5 about 10months ago ive done a fair bit of work to it seals and other stuff for the mot.
in them 10months i must of grown up alot as ive really gone of the car infact i hate it i want something more standard looking.
So heres my idea:
Get a standard kit fit it and blow over the whole car in pearl white & fit some standard black trim inside, sounds easy but we all know its alot of work and money.
My friend is suggesting:
Put it up for sale as it is, as someone will like the moddified look and it is done well and would be a shame to spend money on it and rip a nice car apart. (problem is i dont think id get much for it like that)
And the 3rd option:
put the standard kit on it and the wheels from the clio were breaking paint the kit blue and sell the car like that and buy another one. (this will cost me nothing as i have swaps for the kit and some blue paint in the garage) i want either a black one or a pearl one.
What would you do?

If you definately know the car is solid and a good base to build on, then i would keep it. I would however replace the bumpers, sideskirts, front grille, rear lights, spoiler, wheels, mirrors and side repeaters with standard items, and clear the boot as well :)

What colour was it originally?

Shakes
29-01-2011, 14:42
I wish i could afford to keep it and buy another one :scratch:
i think the car was origenaly pearl white it would be nice to get it back like that maybee il just keep it for now get some standard kit paint that blue and keep saving for a respray.
but as the kit swaps seem to of fail through, fook it il take gars advice give it a month on pistonheads see what happens.

philg
29-01-2011, 16:16
I saw your car up for sale and thought it was strange.

Just had a look in your profile, what did you sell the white one?

I think to try and sell, there is a lot work on your car to undo, then buy what you want.

Shakes
29-01-2011, 16:28
I saw your car up for sale and thought it was strange.

Just had a look in your profile, what did you sell the white one?

I think to try and sell, there is a lot work on your car to undo, then buy what you want.

Thanks phil yes i think your right it is a hell of alot of work to car that already owes me alot hopefully someone will like it for what it is as its very tidy for a modded car.
Shame i sold the white live and learn :cry:
hopefully next time il get it right.