PDA

View Full Version : UK`s First FWD Outlaw Shootout, Santa Pod 21st

Rob@Backyardracing
26-01-2011, 21:42
As title...

http://www.outlawshootout.co.uk/

I great event not to be missed, the first big battle of the FWD cars...

Spooky
27-01-2011, 00:20
I'm coming down to watch this :D

djinuk
27-01-2011, 16:41
any idea on ticket prices to spectate ?

Dave Reed
27-01-2011, 17:52
Will be going to watch this :agree:

A lot of rules though :D

Rob@Backyardracing
27-01-2011, 18:01
£15 for the day £30 for the weekend..

Saturday 20th august is a round of the HKS and Rotorstock show

Sunday 21st august is also http://www.monstertrucknationals.co.uk/ so be a great family day out...

Im there for the weekend as racing for two days..

Scoff
27-01-2011, 21:16
I had a bit of a gripe with Richard about the re-wording of the weight clause.

Come on Rob, put the pressure on. We want:

"-50kg for cars shaped like a brick"

I have faith in you ;)

Rob@Backyardracing
27-01-2011, 23:36
To be honest the Renaults are the hardest to try to get in, ive allready changed alot of the rules to fit your car. :) do you know your new weight this year?

Scoff
27-01-2011, 23:53
To be honest the Renaults are the hardest to try to get in, ive allready changed alot of the rules to fit your car. :) do you know your new weight this year?

I know you have Rob, cheers, I'm just pulling your leg ;)

My target weight for this year is 910kg with driver. It isn't so much that I don't want to put the weight in but more the fact it's a lot harder to do than it sounds, as you well know. Adding 90kg securely to the front of a Renault 5 is a bit of a mission. I can't think how I'd go about doing it even. A spare bumper lined with steel billet or some big diamater round bar that bolts up to the cross member maybe. Not that I'd get 90kg in there mind, I'd still have to put some in the foot wells.

Rob@Backyardracing
28-01-2011, 00:22
I know you have Rob, cheers, I'm just pulling your leg ;)

My target weight for this year is 910kg with driver. It isn't so much that I don't want to put the weight in but more the fact it's a lot harder to do than it sounds, as you well know. Adding 90kg securely to the front of a Renault 5 is a bit of a mission. I can't think how I'd go about doing it even. A spare bumper lined with steel billet or some big diamater round bar that bolts up to the cross member maybe. Not that I'd get 90kg in there mind, I'd still have to put some in the foot wells.

Id have 3 x 20kg gym discs in car with a big M20 bolt to the floor to balance the car so its just like a passenger, the rest up front.. yeah getting weight up front aint easy, and with your large lump in the 5 i guess more a challenge.. Just think tho if you storm a time at that 1000kg you can go round give everyone the fingers and say "i wounder what it would do without all that weight".... Or just run ilegal set the fastest time of the weekend get a DQ and say "stick your money up your arse you ****s try and beat that"... :D

Ps i now have corner scales if you ever need them..

TrixNFlix
28-01-2011, 00:27
Or just run ilegal set the fastest time of the weekend get a DQ and say "stick your money up your arse you ****s try and beat that"... :D
:agree::laugh:

djinuk
28-01-2011, 07:53
£15 for the day £30 for the weekend..

Saturday 20th august is a round of the HKS and Rotorstock show

Sunday 21st august is also http://www.monstertrucknationals.co.uk/ so be a great family day out...

Im there for the weekend as racing for two days..

sweeet sounds to be an epic weekend, It will get marked up on the calender :)

Scoff
28-01-2011, 21:42
Or just run ilegal set the fastest time of the weekend get a DQ and say "stick your money up your arse you ****s try and beat that"... :D

See, now you're on my wavelength :D

Re corner scales, yes mate, at some point before the summer they would be very handy indeed. :)

LeeJames
08-02-2011, 21:16
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

You could line your engine bay with lead, it would be easy to hide 90kg in there.

Markey Mark (BD)
02-08-2011, 19:26
Just over 2 weeks till this now, just in the process of getting the car ready (not the red B18FT one as stated on site though), got few toys going in there to make it more competitive and hope to queeze it into the 11's too :)

Rob@Backyardracing
02-08-2011, 22:00
Good stuff Mark, mad rush here now to get this honda finished.. Ill be there from the friday for the weekend as i plan to run the car at the test and tune...

Markey Mark (BD)
02-08-2011, 22:03
Good stuff Mark, mad rush here now to get this honda finished.. Ill be there from the friday for the weekend as i plan to run the car at the test and tune...

Is any info of the day being sorted out mate like times of running, possible numbers for cars etc?

Sure your get there with it mate, i will only be up on the sunday but have got the week off before so can do bit of testing before then

Rob@Backyardracing
02-08-2011, 22:29
Is any info of the day being sorted out mate like times of running, possible numbers for cars etc?

Sure your get there with it mate, i will only be up on the sunday but have got the week off before so can do bit of testing before then

Yes all in progress, you will get an email soon... :)