PDA

View Full Version : The cars old but I'm new!

Yambo
26-01-2011, 21:37
First post!

Hey All,

I've recently purchased a Silver C plate Renault 5 GT Turbo Phase 1, she was owned a while back by Trevor on here! Cost me enough but she's a goodun'

I'll upload some pictures over the weekend.

Good to be here, you seem a friendly and helpful lot :agree:

jesus in the seat of a 5
26-01-2011, 21:39
wellcome, lovin the phase 1 posse on here of late, great site , great fun, great car youve got, credit to trev...get involved...:)

djinuk
26-01-2011, 21:47
indeed yambo, my friend also owned that car after trev.. (tom coppin) :)

J8TRO
26-01-2011, 21:48
This one?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2304824.htm

If so, nice buy. :agree:

Yambo
27-01-2011, 13:38
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Cheers guys, that's the one! Great history with this one :D

Penfold aka The Dealer
27-01-2011, 13:44
Looks very nice, first thing you will want to do is to get rid of them seats... (if you do, send me a pm ;))

Trevhib
27-01-2011, 19:01
Leave them seats in place! Penfold ya scrounger, lol.

I love the car, it's an absolute gem and mint in certain places that only half a dozen ph1's in the entire country can claim I reckon, and looks the absolute nuts on the Williams wheels IMO.

Wish I'd got £4k for it, I let it go for a lot less. Although Tom did spend a fair whack of money on it in his ownership to be honest.

I'm over the moon that it's back in the club. Good stuff.

I'll reply to your PM soon Yambo. :agree:

Yambo
27-01-2011, 19:07

Loving the banter already!!

I've bought it to make it as mint as humanly possible, first thing is drop the oil this weekend...then get underneath and plan everything I need to do....to be honest it doesn't look like much! I have a friend who has his own bodywork garage and I'm a mechanical engineer so I should have it sorted......with lots of support from you guys :)

TrixNFlix
27-01-2011, 20:17

Loving the banter already!!

I've bought it to make it as mint as humanly possible, first thing is drop the oil this weekend...then get underneath and plan everything I need to do....to be honest it doesn't look like much! I have a friend who has his own bodywork garage and I'm a mechanical engineer so I should have it sorted......with lots of support from you guys :)

:agree:

Ello ello, Thats a great car you have. These cars tend to grab hold of you and never let you go. :D

Tinka_Dill
27-01-2011, 21:30
Stunning car there mate. Re-confirming my love for the Phase 1

Yambo
29-01-2011, 18:25

Stunning car there mate. Re-confirming my love for the Phase 1

Cheers Tinka

Heres a pic, poor quality but i'll get some good ones soon!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Yambonumber5/R5.jpg

elcie
02-02-2011, 20:31
Welcome, very nice, a lot of money but so unique !