PDA

View Full Version : Keys

far4ngn
26-01-2011, 21:35
Guys

The Renault dealerships here are stumped that the R5 has two keys, they appear to have found the Ignition key, but cannot find a reference to the door key.

Does anyone have part numbers that they can give me for a Phase 1.

Cheers
Paul

REGGY5GT
26-01-2011, 22:20
i think originally it would have had only one key for all locks but over the years the door locks may have been broke/screwdrivered by some wannabe thief out so another set of locks most probably fitted, just what i think may of happened.

far4ngn
26-01-2011, 22:22
Nope the car came with two keys :) Both slightly different, but Renault in NZ have never seen a R5, so don't understand my problem :)

phase i 16 v turbo
26-01-2011, 22:26
There should be 2 keys

1 x Igniton barrel
1 x Boot, Doors and Petrol cap

Tell them to look up the boot lock or door locks as they come with new keys, maybe from there they might be able to help

REGGY5GT
26-01-2011, 22:33
my bad,lol, thats the first ive ever heard of a car made with two different keys, mine has two keys but i thought 1 had been replaced, my door locks are smoothed so 1 key is for ignition and the other for boot, i have a third for petrol cap, so was the door key a emergency spare for when the remote central locking didnt work??

far4ngn
26-01-2011, 22:35
They've looked on their system at the door locks and they tell me the door key has the same part number as the ignition key.

Does anyone have access to the parts system?

phase i 16 v turbo
26-01-2011, 22:53
They've looked on their system at the door locks and they tell me the door key has the same part number as the ignition key.

Does anyone have access to the parts system?

Hi Paul remind me tomorrow and I will look them up for you.

Cheers
Mike

far4ngn
26-01-2011, 22:55
Cheers Mike, I'll send you a chocolate fish. Don't worry it's a NZ thing!

far4ngn
26-01-2011, 23:21
Renault NZ have said:

I discussed this with one of the other ex Renault guys here and he advised me that the best bet would be to get a lock smith to make you ones up from scratch as the car being so old our suppliers don’t actually have the key codes for them to get cut to your vehicles code!

Looks like I'm on my own out here :)

phase i 16 v turbo
27-01-2011, 08:22
Not true, I ordered a set of keys for the service book for one of me J regs, if the paper work is correct you don't even need to show them the key. If all else fails I have a complete lock set for sale with keys.

Cheers
Mike