PDA

View Full Version : Starting problems

Andy 12
26-01-2011, 20:10
First post!

Hi this is my first time on the board. My GT wont start. have rebuilt the engine recently. Timing is perfect, distributer drive gear is perfect, getting fuel and a spark. Although the fuel is very low, it still gets to the carb. I had it started a couple of times, but when i switch it off and try again later it fails to start. Could this possibly be the distributer? I would welcome any info please.

Markey Mark (BD)
26-01-2011, 20:25
How did it run once you got it started?

Andy 12
26-01-2011, 20:39
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

How did it run once you got it started?
Ran ok with choke on but when choke is off it cuts out

Markey Mark (BD)
26-01-2011, 20:44
Ok cool, may well be a carb problem you got there. Has it been touched since you rebuilt engine or is it how it was when it was removed from engine?

I'm wondering if the accelerator pump jet is blocked

Andy 12
26-01-2011, 21:17

Ok cool, may well be a carb problem you got there. Has it been touched since you rebuilt engine or is it how it was when it was removed from engine?

I'm wondering if the accelerator pump jet is blocked
sorry mate internet died. chris miller overhauled my carb. seems like the fuel is getting to the cylinders too, may be spark plugs or leads? is getting a spark though. cant start it now, got a shock from king lead too on the dizzy, could that be a sign

Markey Mark (BD)
26-01-2011, 21:24
If you got a shock from lead i'd try new king lead then, sounds like its poss breaking down.

Andy 12
26-01-2011, 21:26

If you got a shock from lead i'd try new king lead then, sounds like its poss breaking down.
oky doky, just a very weird situation. everything looks as if it should go fine but just wont :confused:. thank you for your time cheers