PDA

View Full Version : The 5-225 Is Alive!

Matt Cole
01-11-2008, 17:35
Well good progress today, it fired up for the first time, albeit lumpy and would'nt rev up, but at least it starts!! It moved a few inches under it own steam too. Bloody chuffed as its took 9months to put together and get to this stage. So i've got some adjustments/changes to make and i'll try and get it idling ready for a mapping. Oh and just for the crack, the turbo spins on very little idle so lag shouldnt be a problem!:smokin: I'll keep ya posted.

raj
01-11-2008, 18:00
niiice going :) been watching this build and it looks bloody tight!!

can you post up the pics you have again? have you/will you be doing any type of guide for anyone wanting to do this conversion?

Ashy
01-11-2008, 18:10
Good arrows Mat-chew! Its a relief that the engine actually runs :)

back in there tomorrow?

Adey aka Ewok
01-11-2008, 18:40
meggy 225 engine? sweet, have i missed a build thread somewhere? pics please. what have you done for a gearbox?

tonesGTT
01-11-2008, 18:42
An R5 GT 255!! Schweeet :smokin::cool:

Crack on, cant wait to see some more of this project :)

Andrew Cooke
01-11-2008, 18:42
surely this should be

The 22-5 is alive...

nice one, is the throttle cable attached ok ;)

Matt Cole
01-11-2008, 19:11
Good arrows Mat-chew! Its a relief that the engine actually runs :)

back in there tomorrow?

Aye will be bashing on!:agree:

Matt Cole
01-11-2008, 19:19
surely this should be

The 22-5 is alive...

nice one, is the throttle cable attached ok ;)

Yeah need some new badges now Andy! Yeah throttle spot on, The injectors are reading 8ms and i need to trim it up to smooth out the idle a little but its far too much fuel. It could be something linked to the fluctuating fuel pressure on the last thread Andy, i need to get a new regulator anyway so hopefully that may cure it.

I'll put some pics up prob tommorrow but if anyone wants a look they are on Scoffs website somewhere...........:agree:

Scoff
01-11-2008, 19:27
matt, for now instead of altering the numbers in the map just adjust the overall fuel trim setting, a minus number will lean everything out.

5teve L
01-11-2008, 19:46
Can't wait to see this one up & running fully mapped.
Must have been a right ballache at times but you stuck in there, nice one :)

DaveMayGTT
01-11-2008, 22:47
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

That is gonna be awesome, cant wait to see this car! Really, well done!

Matt Cole
02-11-2008, 08:35
matt, for now instead of altering the numbers in the map just adjust the overall fuel trim setting, a minus number will lean everything out.

Is it the master trim Scoff?? Had a play with that and it just coughs and backfires/knocks when i trim it below 5ms.

Andrew Cooke
02-11-2008, 11:47
Is it the master trim Scoff?? Had a play with that and it just coughs and backfires/knocks when i trim it below 5ms.
if your regulator's fubar you're wasting your time trying to tune it. Grab a regulator off anything (ok, anything efi with a ref port) and do some mapping with the actuator arm off until you can get a new regulator. Don't take it for a quick test though, as it'll still make boost with the actuator arm off.

Matt Cole
02-11-2008, 19:15
if your regulator's fubar you're wasting your time trying to tune it. Grab a regulator off anything (ok, anything efi with a ref port) and do some mapping with the actuator arm off until you can get a new regulator. Don't take it for a quick test though, as it'll still make boost with the actuator arm off.

It makes boost on idle!!!;)

Ashy
02-11-2008, 19:25

you were right about the hair dryer comment!! Never seen owt like it!

Any luck since I left?

Brigsy
02-11-2008, 19:27
Good work mat, get some pics up!

Scoff
02-11-2008, 19:58

that might be an ignition timing thing, or it might just be a responsive turbo.

Andrew Cooke
02-11-2008, 20:00
that might be an ignition timing thing, or it might just be a responsive turbo.

responsive, or tiny ass...

Matt Cole
02-11-2008, 21:29
you were right about the hair dryer comment!! Never seen owt like it!

Any luck since I left?

Nope tried messing with the regulator and found one of the hose tails was id 4mm.!! Drilled it out to 6mm and banged it together. Was still pulsing on trying to start but the car never fired before i had to call it quits. Checked for spark at no4 coil and was ok. It must be the reg ******* thing!:scared:

Adam L
02-11-2008, 22:01
They use the twin scroll TD04 don't they?

Matt Cole
02-11-2008, 22:25
They use the twin scroll TD04 don't they?

Yes they do.:)

stu21t
02-11-2008, 22:34
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Well good progress today, it fired up for the first time, albeit lumpy and would'nt rev up, but at least it starts!! It moved a few inches under it own steam too. Bloody chuffed as its took 9months to put together and get to this stage. So i've got some adjustments/changes to make and i'll try and get it idling ready for a mapping. Oh and just for the crack, the turbo spins on very little idle so lag shouldnt be a problem!:smokin: I'll keep ya posted.

i know that feeling only too well,
congrats :smokin:

will be nice to see it out, no doubt it will be finished before mine. lol