PDA

View Full Version : help to do with pot holes

r5 rich
24-01-2011, 11:31
Right but of a rant to help me get over this situation. I stuck some brand new fresh eagle f1 tyres on the front of my car the other week and they have not even done 500 miles and last night going down the road in the dark and didn`t see this pot hole. Next thing I know its pulling all over the place and I pull over to see the tyres is completely flat!

Put the spare on and ****ed about to get it home and then today wake up to see the damage and thought that it would be very easily spotable but it wasn`t as its about a 2 inch split near the rim protector:scratch: So bottom line is the tyre is ****ed and throw away job and I have to go spend over 100 quid on a new tyre which isn`t down to me so is there a way I can claim off the council as if it wasn`t for the pot hole I would really still have a brand new tyre on the car!!!

5teve L
24-01-2011, 11:37
Right but of a rant to help me get over this situation. I stuck some brand new fresh eagle f1 tyres on the front of my car the other week and they have not even done 500 miles and last night going down the road in the dark and didn`t see this pot hole. Next thing I know its pulling all over the place and I pull over to see the tyres is completely flat!

Put the spare on and ****ed about to get it home and then today wake up to see the damage and thought that it would be very easily spotable but it wasn`t as its about a 2 inch split near the rim protector:scratch: So bottom line is the tyre is ****ed and throw away job and I have to go spend over 100 quid on a new tyre which isn`t down to me so is there a way I can claim off the council as if it wasn`t for the pot hole I would really still have a brand new tyre on the car!!!

If it hasn't been ringed or filled before you may be able to make a claim, get photo's of it & the damage to the tyre & get on to the council, it is hard to get anything out of them but be persistant.

r5 rich
24-01-2011, 11:38
it was done last night at 8am and the council round this way are slow as **** anyway so think i may have to go for a drive!

James5
24-01-2011, 11:39

Rich, I think Steve aka 5teveL had a simialr thing happen to his Mrs's car and they managed to make a claim of the council, I suppose it would be a public liability claim that you would have to make against the council. Did you get photos of the pothole and details of measurement if not might be worth going back taking pics and details of where it happened as they will no doubt ask.

edit - :crap::ashamed: need to refresh my screen quicker

5teve L
24-01-2011, 11:48
Rich, I think Steve aka 5teveL had a simialr thing happen to his Mrs's car and they managed to make a claim of the council, I suppose it would be a public liability claim that you would have to make against the council. Did you get photos of the pothole and details of measurement if not might be worth going back taking pics and details of where it happened as they will no doubt ask.

edit - :crap::ashamed: need to refresh my screen quicker
We weren't successful mate, the excuse was that it had been treated before, hence my post saying if it's not recorded, ringed or been filled before he should have a good chance.

r5 rich
24-01-2011, 11:49
im heading out now to take photos and measurements and also get a new tyre:mad:

James5
24-01-2011, 11:50
We weren't successful mate, the excuse was that it had been treated before, hence my post saying if it's not recorded, ringed or been filled before he should have a good chance.

Oh ****, didn't realise you weren't successful

5teve L
24-01-2011, 11:55
im heading out now to take photos and measurements and also get a new tyre:mad:
Not sure if you can maybe get something from the old bill as well to say it's dangerous ??

r5 rich
30-01-2011, 21:37
right now I have picture, sizes of the holes, the actaully tyre which is in question, receipts of both new tyres which have been fitted where do I go from here?

Who do I have to contact to try and sort this? Any help is much appreciated. :)

modfather
30-01-2011, 21:42
i would of thought that it was the responablity of the local highways agentcy. properly be worth contacting your local council

r5 rich
30-01-2011, 21:43
i would of thought that it was the responablity of the local highways agentcy. properly be worth contacting your local council

I have never done anything like this before so to me its all new! I have tried to google the subject but it seems that all the topics that I come across are 5+ years old and don`t seem to give me the answer that I am looking for. :sad2:

modfather
30-01-2011, 21:48
it could even be worth you while speaking to citizens advice bureau they seem to know alot about alsorts of different stuff and the service is free

r5 rich
30-01-2011, 22:14
:)luckily I have found a site dedicated to pot holes and a complete run through so with anyluck should be all good

Tony Walker
30-01-2011, 22:53
Worth a go, we had a customers wife in who drove straight over a speeding curb that comes half way in to the road, im sure u know what i mean. anyway it had no bollard or road markings, she drove straight over it ripped the sump and oil pick up off. They got there claim payed. several people had been over the same thing apparantly. lol. worth a go on a ****ed bottom end ;)