PDA

View Full Version : T28 and water pipe??

REGGY5GT
23-01-2011, 23:08
Ive fitted my t28 today but have come accross a problem, the long metal water pipe that comes out of the back of the head and feeds the heater matrix is getting in the way when i try and fit my compressor oulet adapter, dont have any pics at the mo to show what i mean but some of you others who have fitted t28's may be able to help me out with this one, how do i get round this as its pickling my head, lol, thanks

TrixNFlix
23-01-2011, 23:21
I'm guessing this is the standard compressor adapter that comes with the 200sx? You can chop the water pipe on the back of the head and fit a 90 degree silicone so you have enough clearance over.
Could rotate the turbo housing a bit so the inlet part sits lower, but you would have to drill and tap new holes for the actuator.
Also I think there are some aftermarket adapters that don't seem to be along as the standard one, they could be an option?

REGGY5GT
24-01-2011, 18:15
thanks trix ill have a closer look when i next go to me garage, ill trim the water pipe down a bit and i may be able to rotate the compressor side slightly without it messing with the actuator much if you know what i mean. thanks again, Tim

REGGY5GT
24-01-2011, 20:11
oh ive just realised what you mean by cutting the rear water pipe,lol, do you mean cut it about half inch from head and put a 90 degree bend in then put cut off piece into other end of 90 degree bend??

TrixNFlix
24-01-2011, 20:16
oh ive just realised what you mean by cutting the rear water pipe,lol, do you mean cut it about half inch from head and put a 90 degree bend in then put cut off piece into other end of 90 degree bend??

Pretty much, i had it as a sort of s bend (so i had to 90 degree bends in so i cleared the top of the turbo)using an old gtt water hose. :)

REGGY5GT
24-01-2011, 20:27
i get you now, pretty simple when you think of it,lol, i dont suppose you have any close up pics of yours trix as ide like to see how im going to run my afm pipe and a few other bits n bobs, thnx

SCHWARTZ
24-01-2011, 21:13
I had the same kind of problem but for different reasons. cut the pipe coming out of the head in half and joined the two pieces back together with a piece of hose long enough to get it out of the way.(phills idea);)