PDA

View Full Version : simples

James5
21-01-2011, 14:14
Does anyone know what mods are required to fit valver leather seats into a 5??

Pics would be good aswell

Cheers James

The new Bill J
21-01-2011, 14:25
Opps - I forgot all about the pm you sent. Sorry Chief :ashamed:

Do you still want a reply?

Oh, and you'll need to make some subframes, or 'bodge' the 5 ones on. The Valver ones are way too wide for the 5's footwell.

James5
21-01-2011, 14:28
Opps - I forgot all about the pm you sent. Sorry Chief :ashamed:

Do you still want a reply?

Oh, and you'll need to make some subframes, or 'bodge' the 5 ones on. The Valver ones are way too wide for the 5's footwell.

:laugh: What you like, and yes please matey:agree:.

Looks like I will be welding my 5 ones on :laugh::wasntme:

philg
21-01-2011, 14:54
If they are the same as these that were in my car when i bought it, they went straight in or came straight out :)

James5
21-01-2011, 14:58
If they are the same as these that were in my car when i bought it, they went straight in or came straight out :)

Phil yeah they are the valver seats I am after the dark grey version you got any pic's of the subframes on those?? they look like 5 frames from here.

philg
21-01-2011, 15:02
Phil yeah they are the valver seats I am after the dark grey version you got any pic's of the subframes on those?? they look like 5 frames from here.

Sorry james, i whipped them out and sold them on.

phil

James5
21-01-2011, 15:28
Sorry james, i whipped them out and sold them on.

phil

No probs phil, just be a simplecase of cut and weld I hope:agree::D

dangerous dave
21-01-2011, 17:00
i've sat in some and felt like i was on the tilt sliding off them the whole time.. worth thinking about when your doing it, perhaps they need adjusting, perhaps not tho:)

scratcher
21-01-2011, 17:37
Like Bill said, you'll need to make up some subframes or cut and paste the two sets.
I got some valver seats for mine before and there's no plug and play involved :(

I swapped with Big Steve for some buckets... Winner :)

James5
21-01-2011, 18:47
i've sat in some and felt like i was on the tilt sliding off them the whole time.. worth thinking about when your doing it, perhaps they need adjusting, perhaps not tho:)

I will make sure I have a good gtt seat sat beside to make sure I get it right and some good strong welds on there:D

Like Bill said, you'll need to make up some subframes or cut and paste the two sets.
I got some valver seats for mine before and there's no plug and play involved :(

I swapped with Big Steve for some buckets... Winner :)

Yeah I have a few spare GTT frames now as I keep going through seats due to the crap material being so thin on the sides so was going to cut and bodge / weld the 16v seat to a gtt frame