PDA

View Full Version : rtoc maybe do run to the sun?

djinuk
21-01-2011, 11:52
Ive been thinking about doin run to the sun for a long while, dispite the fact its vw based, i also read that somebody went in an r5 and reallhy enjoyed it, just somthing i would like to experiance really, and experiancing it with a bunch of mates would be even better..

anybody already been , anybody attended in an r5 ?

modfather
21-01-2011, 11:59
yeap rtts was ment for vdubers but you will find allsorts of cars go there nowa days :)

Logg
21-01-2011, 13:22
I've been gone for the last 11 years and won't be going again. The whole feel of the event has changed From to cool chilled air-cooled vdub vibe. To lots of groups of chav's

Been many times in a 5 and never had any issues.

djinuk
21-01-2011, 13:32
I feared this may be the problem, it feels like most the car shows i attended a few years ago are now full of chavs whom turn up in pile of ****e cars wth the sole intention of either pulling skanks or causing trouble.

Penfold aka The Dealer
21-01-2011, 13:37
Mart, big steve and ricardo were talking about doing a trip like this, but for rtoc... but on different dates to the vee dub boys and girls....

BluntyR5GTT
21-01-2011, 13:42
Mart, big steve and ricardo were talking about doing a trip like this, but for rtoc... but on different dates to the vee dub boys and girls....

that sounds like a better idea :agree:

Alastair
21-01-2011, 15:38
If it is August or later then count me in!:agree: I would need to find a roof rack for the surf boards though ! Anyone got a roof rack for a 5 ???:laugh:

djinuk
21-01-2011, 15:45
looks like this would be a wkd event, but could we get a date etc down early, taht way i can book holiday around it etc.

TNT ANDY
21-01-2011, 16:19
If it is August or later then count me in!:agree: I would need to find a roof rack for the surf boards though ! Anyone got a roof rack for a 5 ???:laugh:

Yup got a Paddy Hopkirk gutter mount on the 11. FIlthy b'std

wrightygtt
21-01-2011, 16:51
yeh ive been but then i lived in Newquay for 3 or 4 years so didn't have to travel far :cool:...I was the only 5 in the village hahah. It does have its fair share of chavs but same as any seaside resort really.