PDA

View Full Version : Really thick central locking question

James5
19-01-2011, 11:09
Ok here we go I recently changed my complete passenger door locking unit due to the spring within the orignal going. I also swapped over the central locking solenoid as the original solenoid motor worked fine, all was going well door now closes 1st time and does not need to be slammed and the central locking was working for both doors of the Toad Ai606 fob and the central locking switch on the centre console. :D. Went to the car yesterday eve as doing a few other things to sort out the little niggly bits that started to stop working or need replacing and the central locking did not work of the fob so had to enter the car via the boot also the central locking switch in the centre console didn't do anything either:scratch: weird becuase when I finished replacing the lock unit and solenoid all was working.
I therefore checked the fuse and all fine there not blown what I did notice when I removed the fuse and put it back in but what I did notice was when I was putting it back in both solenoids on the doors would make the normal noise?? but still did not work after is this as simple as changing the central locking switch over for another as I am now having to open the door by getting in the boot :(

weird how I get the central locking solenoid noise when I move the fuse in and out but nothing by using the switch or the alarm fob.

Any ideas or advice please?

James5
19-01-2011, 12:27
Ok just had a thought "relay" which one under the passenger side dash is the central locking relay??

markey b
19-01-2011, 12:56
Ok just had a thought "relay" which one under the passenger side dash is the central locking relay??

white one on the right hand side, i just replied to your PM but i'm not really sure fella, relay was one suggestion. oh yeah did u ever get the gauge bits or have royal fail fcuked up?

James5
19-01-2011, 12:57
white one on the right hand side, i just replied to your PM but i'm not really sure fella, relay was one suggestion. oh yeah did u ever get the gauge bits or have royal fail fcuked up?

Cheers Mark, no the gauge fitting bits never turned up :crap: fecking royal mail

J$£5GTT
19-01-2011, 19:02
when you take out the central door locking relay and replace it..it will make both solenoids go clicking crazy....id bet that you have a duff solenoid...
i had the same problemo...
;)

James5
19-01-2011, 19:13
when you take out the central door locking relay and replace it..it will make both solenoids go clicking crazy....id bet that you have a duff solenoid...
;)

Will try another solenoid as I have a few spares:agree:

Cheers matey

James5
21-01-2011, 14:05
Had a quick look today on my lunchbreak and it looks like the relay itself could be the problem removed the insides of the relay and noticed on the back on the little green board that I have suffered with some dry solder which has broken one of the connections up:crap:.

I am going to attempt to solder a small piece of wire to bridge the gap as a temp measure as I am getting pissed of with having to open the car via going in the boot:laugh:

Please please does anyone have a good working one

James5
21-01-2011, 19:49
;)

Cheers matey you hit the nail on the head, once I fixed the relay due to dry solder I unplugeed the passenger side solenoid and wham drivers side fired into action :)

Removed the solenoid fully from the passenger side and will go to the garage and get the spares in a mo and test them out for the best one.

Many thanks guys for all your help

J$£5GTT
23-01-2011, 23:46
:agree::)