PDA

View Full Version : Starter Motor

J8TRO
14-01-2011, 16:57
I've replaced my started motor today as my old one was dead. Now when turning it over, i can hear the pin clicking out and spinning but it sounds like its not locating on the teeth. I just get a rather loud fast clicking sound.

Any ideas?

The motor is tight in its location, the only thing i can think is the new unit is a lot smaller than the one i took off which looked to be the original.

Also the dowel was not in the old starter motor that came off the car so i presume was still in the gearbox as the new one located well before being tightened up. I couldnt physically see it however.

SCHWARTZ
14-01-2011, 17:23
Try slackeniny the bolts off slightly and giving the motor a tap in a few directions and see if that sorts it. Make sure the dowel is in the right place first tho.

J8TRO
15-01-2011, 14:44
Sorted the problem, the battery must have been low on charge and not kicking the starter over far enough. I left my trickle charger on over night and it's just fired up first time. Not too bad considering the starter went at the end of August and it's just been sat there doing nothing :rolleyes: