PDA

View Full Version : F1 2011

Mart
12-01-2011, 18:09
2 months to go till it all kicks off again in Bahrain :) But will it better last year's fun & games?

Anyone fancy Vettel to retain his crown, or is it Alonso's year, maybe Hamilton, Button, or even Schumy to prove there's life in the old dog yet?

Looks like the beeb will be broadcasting the races in HD, and they've bid adieu to Legard (Coulthard joining Brundle in the commentary box).

Looking forward to it :agree:

Os8472
12-01-2011, 20:18
I'm looking forward to 2012 when they introduce 1.6litre 4 pot turbo engines only rule :D

yay back to the racing of eighties

The new Bill J
12-01-2011, 20:27

I've got a funny feeling that the people who think that, are going to be slightly disappointed :scared:

Thank God Legard's gone. He was worse than James Allen - What with his: 'pushing on', and 'there he is/goes' every other sentence :mad:

I'm not sure Coulthard's going to be the great either - Although I hope I'm wrong.....

5alldaway
12-01-2011, 20:35
will be good to see the john player special colour schemes back, im expecting a same ish year this year to be fair, my main interest will be whether michael schumacher still has it or not

Ashy
12-01-2011, 21:24
Lewis to win this year... :agree:

Andrew Cooke
12-01-2011, 23:02
I'm looking forward to 2012 when they introduce 1.6litre 4 pot turbo engines only rule :D

cough

cough

Spooky
13-01-2011, 00:06
bringing back turbo'd engines is good for nothing other than cost for the teams...

the whole atmosphere of an f1 race will change when the 4 pot blown cars are bombing round...nothing beats the sound and feel of a V8 at 18,000rpm doing 200+mph when you're sat track side :agree: :smokin:

Andrew Cooke
13-01-2011, 13:13
bringing back turbo'd engines is good for nothing other than cost for the teams...

not even that, it won't be cheap throwing away all those engines and gearboxes and starting again.

bigears
13-01-2011, 19:52
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I am worried that the movable rear wings may not improve overtaking but I am hoping I will be wrong!

Chris Hebden
14-01-2011, 13:22
After last years season i am a bit dubious about 2011! I dont think it will be able to top last season and i hope people arent going to be comparing this season to the last.

I would love see the likes of Renault and Merceded and even Force India getting into the mix with the 3 top teams, that would make things really interesting!!!

c7borg
14-01-2011, 13:27
After last years season i am a bit dubious about 2011! I dont think it will be able to top last season and i hope people arent going to be comparing this season to the last.

Isn't that what you've just done? :p

elmof1
15-01-2011, 09:59
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I am worried that the movable rear wings may not improve overtaking but I am hoping I will be wrong!

I think that the movable rear wing and the return of KERS will help overtaking. The rear wing will only have one adjustment, where as the adjustable front wing had 6 positions. Saying that the adjustable front wing was only used to adjust the amount of front end grip, useful for when fuel levels changed and the balance of the car changed.

KERS will give a extra 80-90BHP for up to seven seconds, and the reduced downforce from the rear wing will help alot, but i do wonder how stable the rear end will be when overtaking and braking hard for a corner! The rear wing should be more effective than the f-duct and it can only be used when within a second of the car in front, also the defending car cannot use the rear wind to try and defend his position.

Our car has to run in 13 days, so looking forward to seeing the fw33 and hopfully if will be another step foward than last year!

Penfold aka The Dealer
15-01-2011, 10:03
I think that the movable rear wing and the return of KERS will help overtaking. The rear wing will only have one adjustment, where as the adjustable front wing had 6 positions. Saying that the adjustable front wing was only used to adjust the amount of front end grip, useful for when fuel levels changed and the balance of the car changed.

KERS will give a extra 80-90BHP for up to seven seconds, and the reduced downforce from the rear wing will help alot, but i do wonder how stable the rear end will be when overtaking and braking hard for a corner! The rear wing should be more effective than the f-duct and it can only be used when within a second of the car in front, also the defending car cannot use the rear wind to try and defend his position.

Our car has to run in 13 days, so looking forward to seeing the fw33 and hopfully if will be another step foward than last year!

:agree: looking forward to the williams car this year... be nice to see them on the podium abit more, maybe a sneaky race win this year... :)

elmof1
15-01-2011, 10:20
:agree: looking forward to the williams car this year... be nice to see them on the podium abit more, maybe a sneaky race win this year... :)

Yeh every i hope that Williams has a better season! since i've been there the FW25 2003 was my best season, finished second in the championship. The competition is so strong now, Redbull has a amazing car with mclaren, ferrari and mercedes looking strong.

Mart
15-01-2011, 16:39
Williams definitely deserve a better season - With last year's GP2 champion & a wise old owl in the hot seats, they certainly stand a fair chance of a good points haul for the team this year :agree:

Would be good to see another constructor at the top, rather than the usual 3 suspects, but I guess Bahrain will reveal all in that dept.

Should be another good year. Bring it on :agree: :)

Chris Hebden
15-01-2011, 19:46
Isn't that what you've just done? :p

:laugh: :upyours: Yea fair point matey!

Ian S
15-01-2011, 23:46
I wonder if anyone will do an overtake in Bahrain this year?

bigears
17-01-2011, 19:13
I wonder if anyone will do an overtake in Bahrain this year?

I bloody hope so, unlike what happened last year in Bahrain where there wasn't very much action on the track.

Os8472
17-01-2011, 20:16
Just found out, the Renault team have joined up with Lotus, oh great as if Renault needed anymore reliability problems the've gone and built a with the LotsOfTroubleUsallySerious team :rolleyes:

Well at least the team is now based in England so it'll be the english national anthem when they get on the podium..................... if they get on the podium

Trevhib
18-01-2011, 15:03
Aren't Renault more or less out of F1? I can't remember the ins and outs but when it was explained to me it seemed, given what they are actually contributing now, they are lucky to have their name/logo anywhere at all, let alone linked to Lotus.

elmof1
18-01-2011, 18:23
I'm sure that renault have now sold thier share to lotus, the other shareholder is Genii Capital . Renault are still very much a F1 engine manufacture.

I kind of had a surreal moment this afternoon and bumped into rubens barrichello in the toilet earlier. On the topic of drivers, who do you rate ???

JonnyGee
23-01-2011, 12:02
from last season and watching the interviews i think shue'y will be back up top this year but hope hamilton has a good go this year:coffee: