PDA

View Full Version : cgb engine rebuilds? any experiances

djinuk
10-01-2011, 21:12
ok, im working out my budgets for this next year, i want to have the r5 full welded where required, fully painted, and a 100% fresh engine sat in it.

Now i have an engine around the back stripped down, and i was originally going to purchase the parts required , either from cgb or mike. So far i have only looked on cgbs own website and i priced up the majority of the parts required... then i noticed they actually off a bottom end for £599 plus the vat. Now weighing up the cost of the parts it only works out around £70 more to have them build it and that includes painting the block sump etc... Now im not sure of the quality of paint and if the sumps powdercoated etc, and its somthing im strongly for painting correctly, However it just seemed very cheap for the work involved etc..

Now i also need to speak to mike, about costs of parts and also noticed he does bottom end rebuilds, obv only problem with mike for myself is his crib is a million miles away but sometimes its worth the trip.

So im just wondering if anybodys had any experiances and can offer some advice etc.. My engine builds going to be fairly standard spec , 18/20 psi on a t2/t25.

Brizza
10-01-2011, 21:15
ok, im working out my budgets for this next year, i want to have the r5 full welded where required, fully painted, and a 100% fresh engine sat in it.

Now i have an engine around the back stripped down, and i was originally going to purchase the parts required , either from cgb or mike. So far i have only looked on cgbs own website and i priced up the majority of the parts required... then i noticed they actually off a bottom end for £599 plus the vat. Now weighing up the cost of the parts it only works out around £70 more to have them build it and that includes painting the block sump etc... Now im not sure of the quality of paint and if the sumps powdercoated etc, and its somthing im strongly for painting correctly, However it just seemed very cheap for the work involved etc..

Now i also need to speak to mike, about costs of parts and also noticed he does bottom end rebuilds, obv only problem with mike for myself is his crib is a million miles away but sometimes its worth the trip.

So im just wondering if anybodys had any experiances and can offer some advice etc.. My engine builds going to be fairly standard spec , 18/20 psi on a t2/t25.

Mike? as in M48?

James5
10-01-2011, 21:17
Mike? as in M48?

Think he means Mike as in phase 1 16v turbo

djinuk
10-01-2011, 21:18
as above :)

James5
10-01-2011, 21:20
as above :)

As far as I know I think Tony aka fishead builds Mike's engine for hime you might want to check out fisheads profile on here for pic's of his work:D

OK slight edit link to Tony page http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=252

newbstar*
10-01-2011, 22:35
just buy my engine, im sure we can work out a price and courier.Good for 20psi all day long.