PDA

View Full Version : What laptop?

Hoolio
10-01-2011, 11:16
I no longer have easy access to a PC so need to start thinking about what I need. I'm not too clued up so what should I be looking for in a laptop these days? Any suggestion/ thoughts welcome.

dangerous dave
10-01-2011, 16:56
i went looking for something around the £350 mark 2 years ago and it was samsungs, toshibas, etc.. before you know it i was wanting more gig, memory and a dedicated graphics card and the price was going up.. ended up with this http://www.dealtime.co.uk/Sony-Sony-VAIO-AR71S-C2D-T9300-4GB-500GB/info it does everything and more than i have ever wanted it too..:)

i've had my hands on a few cheaper computers and i really feel i got value for money paying £750 for mine. its all about what you want from it and what you want to spend.

djinuk
13-01-2011, 09:19
i did quite a bit of research and ordered a new one for my mum yesterday

Teh dell inspiron 15r comes in many forms, the best being an i5 processor, 4 gig of ram, and ati mobility dedicated gfx card, 500 gb hd.. pc world have 2 left @ £599 ex display units.

if you search google for reviews that laptop won many awards and is a good all rounder and within a realistic budget.

Hoolio
13-01-2011, 13:39
Thanks guys, its a difficult question to answer with specific units as different features will be more important to some. I just needed pointing in the right direction as to questions and features to ask for as I'm a know nothing when it comes to this stuff.
Thanks