PDA

View Full Version : anyone with good legal advice??

scott25
09-01-2011, 15:45
last night i was issued a section 59 and told i will be taken to court and most likely lose my licence after a local copper in a van seen me accelerate past a slip road on a by-pass to get out of the way of cars moving over, he claims i was racing with somone in the outer lane who also accelerated to give me room to move over,
the person in the outer lane was told he also had a 59 and go on a driving coarse wich i cant do as i already have points, he also told us that the 59 lasts for 2 years,
however niether of us was asked to sign anything,

the copper himself seemed ok but unexperianced claiming unrealistic figures of speed and through everythink he could think of at us

thing is i dont know were i stand or what to do, does anyone have any ideas,
the section 59 doesnt bother me as im not a boy racer and rarely go out

soapymech
09-01-2011, 16:03
was there video evidence? if not personaly i would try to contact the other driver and get the story straight. then theres APPEAL APPEAL APPEAL.

doggydowg22
09-01-2011, 16:08
I was given 2 of these in the space of a year when this rule first came about, one by Fareham police and one by gosport police two towns in a 5 mile radius of each other. I was never threatend with court thoe just told if I was cought driving anti sociable again within the space of 24 months my car would be impounded the two seperate offences were either never logged or just not linked and ive been a good boy since :)

Id get in touch with your solicitors or have a good search on the internet for people who have been in simular place as yourself,good luck,police use antisociable orders for what ever they want to stretch the law :sad2:

jonnyshaw49
09-01-2011, 16:09
hi mate he will be trying to scare you, same happend with me i was driving home late one night on the main road and a rover infront of me was driving about 20 mile an hour on a 30 so i over took it. then i noticed it me following me flashing its headlights i was off though doing about 40 mph on the main road then it followed me down lane where i live. so i thought rite im out of here and lost it pulled in my driveway and flicked my lights off. it drove past, then i went in the house. a few mins later i heard a car and van in the driveway. the lights were off in the house, the rover pulled up followed by a cop van and two undercover coppers got out of the rover. fxxk!!!! i though.they tried opening the doors of my van banging on the house door so i hid lol. the next night around 11 at night they turned up again so i let them in. they tried to give me a right bolloking saying i was doing 60 through a main town centre and a third copper stood with them said he was in the town centre and estimated me doing 60.i started laughing and said prove it. they sed they cant so issuing me a section 59 , i never recieved it and ive had my lisence checked its not on it. so they will be trying to scare you. you probably wont even get one as they cant be arsed with the paper work!!

scott25
09-01-2011, 16:11
theres no video evidance just his word of events, ive already contacted other driver but he's not clued up on it all either, the driving coarse is going to cost him £250,
its just annoying as we werent in the wrong he just seen it out of contex so to speak

Brizza
09-01-2011, 16:17
Similar thing happened to me Sept 2009 I was rushing to catch up with some mates after a curry to go into town for a drink or two and got caught overtaking on a roundabout by a unmarked policecar, got followed by them for a few miles parked up and the lights came on and two regular police cars appeared out of no-where, I ended up getting an ADM something or other and told if I or the car involved was reported/caught driving in "an antisocial and erratic fashion" again in the next 12 months the car would be inpounded and I could be arrested. It was made out to be like some sort of ASBO thing?!?! :eek:

Needless to say I've been taking it very steady ever since :scared:

scott25
09-01-2011, 16:21
if he's tryin to scare us its bloody workin lol, searched the net and found out they have 2 week to let you know what is going off, it does my head in as chesterfield is full of cheap starlets corsa'a saxo's ect that always race through town centre were theres loads of pedestrians and get away with it week after week, then us on a dual carridge way/bipass tryin to get out the way of other traffic and he's gone off like this,

the other lad has told me he was doing about 60 no faster and the speed limmit is 50 however he was pulling away from me so that puts me in low 50's and the plod reckons we was touching 70 wich is absalute crap

scott25
09-01-2011, 16:28
also if this makes a differance, the copper was on his own and in a riot van and not a traffic officer, should we have bein issued with anythin there and then does anyone know as after the bollockin we was free to go

philg
09-01-2011, 17:27
I don't think you have anything to worry about either, sound like a bully boy trying to shake you up.

Id sleep like a baby and not give it a moments thought, he has no evidence just your word against his, the magistrates are more than familiar with the stunts the police will try to get a conviction, they also get sick of there time being wasted on trivia like this.

Just take it easy now as someone said, you car will be marked now.

Os8472
09-01-2011, 18:00
I've had a section 59 for drifting my 200sx, I was totally innocent................. well I wasn't drifting it when they got there if thats counts ;)

Anyway a section 59 is issued on the spot and has to be signed by you to confirm you understand why you are receiving it and what offence was, if you weren't given a piece of paper with a description writen by the copper and an A4 page of bullhit signed by you then you do not have a 59 against you, he was lying and trying to sound big, he's got nothing on you and can't do a thing even if he wanted to, he will have been a cock and had your car marked so behave for a year and all will be well, yes a year, section 59's only last 1 year not 2 so there's yet more proof he was bullsittin.

willo3110
09-01-2011, 18:08
hi mate dont worry i had one last year two wannabes in a inmarked astra tryed everything to do me they said i came round a corner to fast they gave me a 59 ticket still on my fridge it only meens you got to be good for 12 months but if they havent issude the ticket ignor the sad prat dont know if the thread is still avalible think it was whos got an asbo on their car

just search forum for asbo on a 5 loads on there all the law posted by clee i think:agree:

Trevhib
10-01-2011, 10:36
Id sleep like a baby

What, up three times a night sucking on a lactating nipple?

TrixNFlix
10-01-2011, 10:42
What, up three times a night sucking on a lactating nipple?

Sounds good to me :agree::D

James5
10-01-2011, 10:53
Sounds good to me :agree::D

Saves having to get out of bed and go down stairs for a drink this way you will be getting some good antibodies aswell, breast is best:laugh::agree:

scott25
10-01-2011, 13:24
thanks for all that people, hope your all right really as i cant be doing with it all to be honest, as much as i love my car it makes me wonder if its worth driving a car like the 5 that gets noticed as much as it does, might by a saxo vtr put some non distinctive neon washer jets on it so i can blend in with all idiots round here that somehow never get bothered

Dave Reed
10-01-2011, 14:20
[quote=scott25;195262] it does my head in as chesterfield is full of cheap starlets corsa'a saxo's ect that always race through town centre were theres loads of pedestrians and get away with it week after week.

I was in my CRX driving to my mums in Eckington about a year ago now, and I got pulled by the pigs! Was bout half 12 at night and the road I was on has speed camera's, so was only gonig slow + don't really know the area... He issued me a fine for my small number plate. Thing is, I'd owned the car for over a year and hadn't been stopped once.. So yeah the do seem like jobs worths up that way!!!

Adey aka Ewok
10-01-2011, 16:29
ive had 2 section 59s, one for having a dump valve that was too loud (shoulda been jailed for having one) and the other for dicking around in my 200, sideways around a roundabout, tho the reason i was given for being pulled was the flames licking the boot :D neither amounted to anything tho, and as far as i was aware they were issued against the car so once i sold them i didnt have any?

dave j gtt
10-01-2011, 17:33
A Section 59 warning notice was handed out to a local driver for using their vehicle in an Anti-Social Behavioural way. The car driver has been warned and the Sec59 stays with them for a 12-month period and if caught again the vehicles will be removed from the road and there will be a cost for its return.
“Section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002 refers to vehicles being used in a manner which causes alarm, distress or annoyance. Where a vehicle is being used in this way, or otherwise amounts to careless or inconsiderate driving- Police officers have powers to warn drivers and any subsequent further nuisance, the vehicles can be seized and in some cases destroyed.” Anyone suffering from Anti-Social Behaviour can call the Wellesbourne SNT on 01789 444600

thats what one police force has to say :crap:

so you can report the annoyance sunday drivers out on a monday ? :laugh:

nowt to worry bout unless u get issued one again ;) but to be fair i would try to refuse to accept and would have got the PC's number and name and would have been making a visit to police station. All depending on the the circumstances of course.

Dave

scott25
10-01-2011, 21:05
To be honest the more I read about it the less worried iam and if he does
Take it to court suppose it shouldn't be that bad as he has no evidance he was
On his own and we never signed anythin but I know my luck and it aint great
But I've read they have 14 days to take action otherwise I can refuse it so fingers
Crossed I suppose

T.K
11-01-2011, 02:48
Best bet would be to put in a pre-emptive strike by launching a petrol bomb at your nearest police station.

HTH. :)

seal 116
11-01-2011, 20:32
I got one of these for reversing through mcdonalds drivethru :laugh: but I had to sign saying I knew why I had got it!! Don't worry about it you probally won't hear anything

scott25
12-01-2011, 13:11
Well section 59 came through post this mornin but no notification of prosicution
So a wonder if that's as far as he is takin it, still not had to sign anythin either
Everythin bin done verbaly