PDA

View Full Version : metal detecting!

jonnyshaw49
08-01-2011, 16:33
hi anyone into metal detecting? we have 30 acres at home and a neighbour of girlfriend asked if he could come on and have a go with his metal detector so we had a mess about and found a 300 year old coin worth 400 notes lol. found allsorts , thinking of buying one as he has a few sites he goes too he got in there with some acheologists so wanna have a go as its interesting.just wondered if anyone on here does it and whats best detector to get for around £300-400

dave j gtt
08-01-2011, 16:42
My mate who i stay in touch with on facebook got one a couple on months ago. It's all he talks about now like, he go's everywere :scratch: surpose he could make it worth while he finds alsorts :cool:

dangerous dave
08-01-2011, 16:45
dont trust anyone on your land, lucky thats an honest guy..

i watched a program where people walk about farmers fields and peoples land looking for rare coins etc and fecking off with them.. they should declare the finds, but the people in charge on that stuff only pay the finder 20% of the value and sell them..

hence they find them on the quiet and sell them under peoples noses..

jonnyshaw49
08-01-2011, 16:47
yeh its or8 summat to do when bored.one find can be over a grand if its silver or gold that guy i know has been doin it 16 year and his collection is 35 grand at least! a guy found a load of coins and worth 2.5 million lol imagine that

dave j gtt
08-01-2011, 16:48
What was the guys name jonny ? might be same guy :scratch:

jonnyshaw49
08-01-2011, 16:54
lol hes called john bradbury hes or8 though we shared the find best of making a deal first before going detecting. he takes the farmers wine and chocolate every christmas and shares with them if they want too. i just wanna have a go to find jewelry and war stuff etc. i read an article a guy found allsorts bullets helmets and grenades!if i found one of them id be running lol

dave j gtt
08-01-2011, 17:05
guy i knows called Jase. Funny that you know. i have had the same itch for years yet never scratched it. be thinking of going with my mate but havnt bothered. I was looking on google last week and there are some good one at the £500 mark, but there for serious experienced detector

jonnyshaw49
08-01-2011, 17:18
yeh seen a few good ones on there where people got and unwanted gifts but dont wanna spend too much because might get fed up and got my fishing and r5 to fund lol. but good to have a hobby that pays for itself.

dave j gtt
08-01-2011, 17:26
it could pay for it self with one find ;)

What do you fish for ?

jonnyshaw49
08-01-2011, 17:37
GOLD!!!!