PDA

View Full Version : Espionage Threat at Renault!

Big Steve - Raider
06-01-2011, 16:19
BREAKING NEWS (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12125864) of an Espionage Threat over Renault's Electric Technology?!

raider_gtt
06-01-2011, 17:13
BREAKING NEWS (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12125864) of an Espionage Threat over Renault's Electric Technology?!

how cares about renault Electric Technology what a load of crap no one wants it in the uk unless you are mental aint going to work its going to put untold out of work if they get any Electric Technology here in the uk

dangerous dave
06-01-2011, 19:08
how cares about renault Electric Technology what a load of crap no one wants it in the uk unless you are mental aint going to work its going to put untold out of work if they get any Electric Technology here in the uk

when the oil runs out people are gonna be propper f^cked, so its best people switch to electric now.. people will still have jobs, mechanics wont be out of work as its only the engine thats changing.. electric cars are going to be amazing once the moneys behind it:)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
06-01-2011, 19:21
The info they gave us about EV at Renault last year was very interesting.
The ideas they have are pretty good, and would work very well in this country, as everything is in range of the EV milage, plus with the service station en route, the EV range is extended.
Basically the battery is leased, so a quick drop service station can be visited on a long journey, so no recharge is needed.

Sam Fish
06-01-2011, 20:13
The idea of leasing batteries is nice. Saves the obsolescence if your battery becomes old, or not-as-good as the current tech... or just worn out.

BriC
06-01-2011, 20:23
when the oil runs out people are gonna be propper f^cked, so its best people switch to electric now.. people will still have jobs, mechanics wont be out of work as its only the engine thats changing.. electric cars are going to be amazing once the moneys behind it:)

:agree:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
06-01-2011, 20:39
The idea of leasing batteries is nice. Saves the obsolescence if your battery becomes old, or not-as-good as the current tech... or just worn out.

Also, the word round the camp fire is that once the premium work done by the battery is done and they become less prone to a full charge, they get turned over to industrial use, so recycled....
EV is the way forward, take a look at the Tesla cars, maximum torque milliseconds after pressing full throttle....whoooooshhh!!!

Lomo
06-01-2011, 20:50

I cant see the oil running out in our life time.....:)

Matt Cole
06-01-2011, 23:16
I cant see the oil running out in our life time.....:)

Not so matey. Oil is becoming increasingly hard to find and the countries that do have stocks are becoming volatile. Estimate is to be 15 - 20 years before we start fighting over it. The reduction in carbon emmissions policy's that our wonderful government are signing up to will require us to reduce our carbon output of 80% by 2050.

I dont think we will be running around in fossil fuel burning engines for ever.:cry:

J$£5GTT
06-01-2011, 23:45
electric power for cars,boats etc has been known since 1900's maybe earlier,same goes for cost free energy to.

DaveMayGTT
07-01-2011, 09:21
The best electrical ideas died with tesla, doubt we will ever recreate what he managed 100%

Trevhib
07-01-2011, 20:40
Not so matey. Oil is becoming increasingly hard to find and the countries that do have stocks are becoming volatile. Estimate is to be 15 - 20 years before we start fighting over it. The reduction in carbon emmissions policy's that our wonderful government are signing up to will require us to reduce our carbon output of 80% by 2050.

I dont think we will be running around in fossil fuel burning engines for ever.:cry:

Oil is being found bloomin' everywhere. I know because I trade O&G exploration shares on the LSE.

Just one example: Encore Oil has just found so much oil in the North Sea that you have to go back to the 70's to find the last time they found similar sized resources. And they have plenty more injectite plays to look at over the coming months.

Methods of detection and methods of retrieval are extending field lifes. Also, the places that are becoming economically viable thanks to new technology are manifold.

I'm not saying that it's endless, I'm not saying there wont be fights over it and I'm not a supporter of fossil fuels but I do agree with Lomo....

Thundercat
07-01-2011, 21:52
There is also the other issue with electric cars, charging them! May not be well known that the british state of electricity generation is not looking good for the next ten years until all nuclear builds are up and running. Theres a big gap in generation as the old nuclear get moth balled.
On another side of things those is all the nuclear in britian is knearly all owned by the french, so you can see why it makes good business to push for french electric cars in blighty lol