PDA

View Full Version : Low compression pistons

Bart GTTI
31-10-2008, 00:16
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I just got myself some low comp pistons. To see what the difference was I held the original pistons and the new low comp pistons beside eachother.
Seems that the only difference between these two is that the low comp pistons are 1 mm lower in the center than the standard pistons.

I don't know why, but I thought that the difference would be a bit bigger...
Is this be thé differnce between 17 psi and 28 psi?? :rolleyes: :D

Has anybody run on that much psi with low comp pistons??

THE MASTER
31-10-2008, 00:28
E=mc2
innit
:p

Bart GTTI
31-10-2008, 02:03
Say what??!! :D :D

For example: would it be possible to make your standard pistons lower/flatter? Or would it be best to just make the middle a bit lower?? (am I making sense?)

jantheeven
31-10-2008, 07:02
Ik snap er geen reet van :laugh:

No just kidding... you're making sense, but I'm not sure if what you're saying is a good plan. Ask the big fish like Scoff, James5 etc. ;)

sega
31-10-2008, 07:26
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Used to run 28psi daily. It all depends on how good your engine has been build and how much cash spend on balancing, cooling,...

Rob@Backyardracing
31-10-2008, 07:57
Say what??!! :D :D

For example: would it be possible to make your standard pistons lower/flatter? Or would it be best to just make the middle a bit lower?? (am I making sense?)

You can just take the crown off the std piston to lower the comp. I dout you would want to go lower than a flat top, seems a waste of power to me, 1.5hp (wheel) ever point dropped??? correct me if im wrong..:confused:

raj
31-10-2008, 09:15
as mentioned, you can simply get the piston crowns machined off. this is what ive had done to my new std pistons and polished the tops to a mirror finish:)

ive only done this to compensate for the head being skimmed

jantheeven
31-10-2008, 10:56
Ik snap er geen reet van :laugh:

No just kidding... you're making sense, but I'm not sure if what you're saying is a good plan. Ask the big fish like Scoff, James5 etc. ;)

or Raj... :laugh: :agree: